Exposition by Vader fixes everything in Auralnauts' "Star Wars Reimagined"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/13/exposition-by-vader-fixes-ever.html

3 Likes

Always the issue with prequel story telling right? many plot holes seem to appear out of no where. Like as if they had no idea that might happen.

8 Likes

very cool idea, and probably would make the films make more sense. So, cool.
But, uh, better hire a better scriptwriter first. Just saying…

6 Likes

Crap… I never realized until now that part at the end of Rogue One messes with the scenes in A New Hope. Oh well.

4 Likes

Probably better to employ a continuity person(s) over the entire series, and not just on set.

3 Likes

I was waiting for the comedy to kick in, but it never came.

8 Likes

all the prequel flicks definitely prove out there is a mass memory issue in the Star Wars galaxy. I am blaming Ewok farts for the issue.

4 Likes

Boy, that Dark Vader sure is a chatterbox now! And they really extended the lightsaver fight to make it way more dramatic, and even referenced Jar Jar, my favorite character!

5 Likes

Well here is how I look at it - especially since they wiped the extended unvierse etc.

First off, on just Earth, we have wrong history everywhere. We have either common knowledge being wrong with what really happened, or some of it being conjecture or conficting evidence. Some of it is based off of what one Greek guy said and that happened to survive.

So if you take something GALAXY WIDE from a long time ago, you are going to get differnt versions of the same story. So X may or may not have happened exactly like you saw it, or it could have been a little differnt, or the whole thing was just a made up story.

There, now you can enjoy each story on it’s own with out obsessing about cannon.

5 Likes

hahah. the only issue here (and this little video addresses it), is that some characters seem to forget huge things that happen to…THEM.

But I am generally on board with the idea of suspending disbelief and enjoy the films as is. I rather liked both Solo and Rogue One quite a bit.

2 Likes

I think that still pan from Han to Leia was a little bit of a kick

2 Likes

I sense something; a presence I’ve not felt since…

… It’s C-3PO! The protocol droid I built as a child to help my mom with the dishes. What the hell is he doing here?

They should have just asked R2-D2. He was there for everything.

10 Likes

“I have been foiled by the superior engineering of the Empire. Fine, but I’m not apologizing to that douchebag. ‘Clairvoyance’ my leather-covered ass!”

3 Likes

I’m still waiting on an explanation of how this moon-sized space station seems to be able to zap planets in other star systems.

Or did they explain that? Sorry, I got bored about 2 minutes in.

1 Like

I think I saw him on the BBS force choking people for bad grammar.

5 Likes

A Grammar Space Nazi then?

4 Likes

Or Space Grammar Nazi? :wink:

2 Likes

The Death Star has a hyperdrive. It goes to where the planets are.

7 Likes

I think most here are missing the satire. The Auralnauts aren’t saying Star Wars needs exposition, they’re satirizing the modern “fan” who insists that everything be explained to the tenth decimal place of pedantry instead of just enjoying the insanely successful Flash Gordon pulp space fantasy pastiche. Tedious exposition is tedious. (The same goes for the reimagined lightsaber fight, which speaks to modern “fans’” desire for Star Wars to be badass in a way it never was.)

15 Likes

Right, I forget-- none of the “science” in any of the SW films makes any sense.

3 Likes