Face recognition technology is useless on Juggalos

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/03/face-recognition-technology-is.html

9 Likes

19 Likes

Other folks I want to test facial recognition tech on:

• Drag Race contestants
  • kabuki actors
  • proponents of extreme highlighting/contouring, a la “instagram beauty”
21 Likes

A lot of things are useless on Juggalos, conventional logic comes to mind…

15 Likes

I find it a little weird we’re so ready to mock Juggalos here on supposedly woke Boing Boing Boing. I don’t detect the same tone in articles about say, goths.

Both are predominantly white subcultures that dislike Nazis, yet one (which is mostly populated by the working classs) gets a disproportionate amount of ire.

Anyone who has a song with the refrain of “FUCK YOUR REBEL FLAG” is good in my book

47 Likes

Also:

https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/rf/image_lowres/Pub/p8/CmgSharedContent/2017/09/16/Images/GettyImages-848084260.jpg

10 Likes

to be fair, their name is objectively silly and their motif is literally clown makeup, so taking them too seriously seems…inappropriate

26 Likes

I’ll take Juggalos over any trumpanzie, any day.

45 Likes

Generally, I’ve seen a more positive attitude towards ICP’s infamous fandom here than on many forums.

Subversive counter-culture in general is rather welcomed here…

26 Likes

Roger Fucking That!

15 Likes

Roger That!

19 Likes

Juggalos are goddamn geniuses. Change my mind.

8 Likes

There is a hierarchy to subculture of geeks, freaks, and weirdos. You get to sort your contempt for goths, vampires, furries, juggalos, cosplayers, and cyclists in some order based on which groups you associate with.

7 Likes

You say black I say white
You say bark I say bite
You say shark I say hey man
Jaws was never my scene
(But I don’t like Star Wars)

8 Likes

The Struggalo Is Real!

Juggalos are proletariat that’s not afraid to be lumpen as fuck. There were a handful of Juggalos on the Red and Anarchist Action Network forum ~10 years ago, but I’m down with the activist-y stuff too.

10 Likes

I think this clown has more talent. Fight Me!!

12 Likes

Fucking facial recognition, how does it work?

28 Likes

to be fair, goths look weird too but we sometimes post goth stuff without sneering at it :slight_smile:

. . . magnets . . .

6 Likes

Obligs:

11 Likes