Juggalo face paint defeats some recognition systems

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/08/juggalo-face-paint-defeats-som.html

5 Likes

pretty jazzy membership benefits.

Do tell…

8 Likes

Juggalo face paint also defeats the facial recognition system built into my head.

So does a bag over your head, of course.

18 Likes

Finally, a reason to be a juggalo.

10 Likes

“for now…”

1 Like

so THAT’S why the FBI still thinks Juggalos are a ‘gang’

11 Likes

That’s a dope-ass fact my jugga-brutha whoop whoop

19 Likes

Nah. Given the explanation this should work just as well:

4 Likes

Don’t forget the originals…
Also, found this in an image search and it was too awesome not to post. This guy would surely defeat facial recognition 400%!

Aside; I always wondered if that guy(s) who had to wear the cat face in Kiss felt bad that he didn’t get cool makeup. He was definitely the lamest one.

23 Likes

Which is probably the best of the options (which I’m assuming also include: being a mime/clown, “Cats” cosplay, joining the Kiss Army, looking like you just came from a kid’s birthday party…).

4 Likes

I have a vague memory of a B&W movie from my childhood – probably around 1973, when I was 5-ish. All I recall is that it had to do with a troupe of mimes/entertainers in Paris during WW2. What stuck with me was them being lined up against a wall and shot by Nazis at the end. It scared the crap out of me at the time, which is why I still think of it 45 years later. And this post just reminded me of it again.

5 Likes

One year ago:

9 Likes

The sharp, angular makeup worn by David Bowie on the cover of “Aladdin Sane” is supposedly excellent at defeating facial-recognitionn tech.

4 Likes

But, don’t they wear their face paint in their drivers licence photos and mug shots (pending having any mug shots, I don’t mean to cast dispersion)?

1 Like

They may not be the heroes we asked for, but they are the heroes we deserve…

10 Likes

i’m sorry but, are you from the past?

6 Likes

I already have none:

1 Like

Dare I cast doubts? Show up in public with cog-warez makeup and fool the cameras – but I bet some human cop will be on you right away.

Army taught me about camouflage and concealment. Main lessen: If an enemy notices you, they can kill you. Your goal is to be NOT noticed. Defeat cog-warez with subtle strokes, not bold slashes. Or stay undercover.

6 Likes

Tech improving, got ta keep checking!

1 Like

Fuckin’ facial recognition systems / how do they work?

6 Likes