Face tracking + projection mapping = very strange

[Permalink]

1 Like

Interesting.

I’m a bit curious to see the results with a male model. We are, I think, conditioned to accept the simplifying effect that full makeup has on a female face, and this may hide certain flaws within the algorithms.

1 Like

Very cool artsy uses for those kinecty sensors that are becoming commonplace. Interested in finding out what else creative types are going to come up with.

I’m hoping for a better version of that predator-style ‘invisibility suit’ someone came up with a while ago. Or at least some more really freaky visual tricks.

Previously:
https://vimeo.com/75260457
(not quite the same level of ‘real-time projection mapping’, but still worth sharing in case anyone missed it)

1 Like

I see we have achieved plummeting humans into the uncanny valley

2 Likes

I’m going hunting
I’m the hunter
I’ll bring back the goods
But I don’t know when

4 Likes

DJs will all have to have the new projection mapping mask.

There was a visual gag on one episode of The Drew Carey Show where Mimi, who normally wore more makeup than the offspring of Tammy Faye and the Joker, had a skin reaction that required going without cosmetics for a week. As a stopgap solution she set up a slide projector at her desk to map a fully-made-up photo of herself onto her real face.

has anyone been able to view this vimeo video since the comments. It freezes and go black. nothing her to see. get a new video player.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.