Facebook account that copies Trump's posts word-for-word gets flagged for inciting violence

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/12/facebook-account-that-copies-t.html

14 Likes

“But he speaks his mind!”

If you dont think Trump’s tweets and messages are violent, racist or misogynistic, then you’re probably a violent, racist misogynist.

And Zuckerberg, you’re no different.

48 Likes

Well Trump’s messages are violent, racist and misogynistic because he speaks his mind.

24 Likes

But he’s disgusted! What more can you ask? He’s only inhuman.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/12/tech/zuckerberg-chan-trump-facebook-posts-intl-hnk/index.html

14 Likes

How odd… it’s almost as though Trump is held to a different standard than us commoners. Weird. I’m sure it’s just a glitch in the algorithm.

35 Likes

Apparently Nixon won the hearts and minds of American media

16 Likes

I was suspended for 7 days for posting this picture:

which is still up on this page of the group Democratic Paraphernalia.

24 Likes

It didn’t “remain untouched” on the president’s timeline — it was hidden and flagged with a warning message. Still not the same result, but this was the one time Twitter did the right thing with a Trump tweet. It was big news at the time.

2 Likes

Just like YouTube, the more money you make for the platform, the lower the standard they hold you to.

Good on this account to gather empirical data proving that these companies have internal tiers of accountability, and that they blatantly lie when they claim their published rules are uniformly applied.

It’s a project the scope of which should be expanded to other cash cow users.

I mean, we knew that already, and some people’s cognitive dissonance will reject empirical reality, but at least the data will be there for posterity and maybe get through to a few people who still value objective facts.

12 Likes

Didn’t someone do that with a twitter account too…? Maybe it’s the same person?

If ONLY they had the POWER to DO something… :roll_eyes:

26 Likes

This is what I see when I go on FB to see if I can post something.

It’s lack of detail is just a sign of incredible arrogance.

5 Likes

Oh. Now they’re voicing their disgust. With their no-touch handling of Trump’s racist and violent rantings on FB, I think they’re newfound disgust is motivated by pure self-preservation in light of the protests; now they’re able to “safely” vaccinate themselves politically within the rapidly growing number of businesses, editorials, et al, backing the movement. Two rabbits hiding in the middle of a herd of buffalos.

7 Likes

A bully’s pulpit.

8 Likes

A week ago, Zuckerberg posted a long screed in which he claimed that community standards had no exceptions for politicians or world leaders. It was clearly a lie at the time, and I’m glad this incontrovertible proof is out there for all to see now. The entire prior post was full of hypocrisy and lies. As I wrote in the comments on that post, if you still have a Facebook account, you are making a massive mistake.

5 Likes

Had this playing on a loop in my zoom background for a while … i think it fits here.

3 Likes

5 Likes
6 Likes

So they’re protecting his account. Color me surprised.

1 Like

Coming from an extension of the GOP, this is surprising why?

1 Like

Enabled his entire life.