Facebook bans Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos, Laura Loomer, Louis Farrakhan, as 'dangerous'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/02/dangerdanger.html

Gosh, it only took 'em 4 whole years

8 Likes

Good riddance.

21 Likes

Literally what I typed less than 30 seconds ago:

16 Likes

Doesn’t Facebook qualify as a dangerous organization?

32 Likes

Very good and they should have done it sooner.

9 Likes

Yeah, I’d say too little too late. Locking the barn door, etc. And a bunch of other metaphors.

10 Likes

I’d say “better late than never”, but look who’s in ur White House killin ur liberal-dem0cratic n0rmz.

18 Likes

Aside from Alex Jones, I haven’t even heard the names of the other people, let alone anything they’ve had to say, in years. I didn’t realize they were even still around.

Guess they all went to Florida, man.

11 Likes

“We’ve always banned individuals or organizations that promote or engage in violence and hate, regardless of ideology. "

The use of the word “always” to mean “we just started,” seems non-standard, but whatever. Glad they’re finally doing it. Even if much damage has already been done, it’ll have some positive effects.

14 Likes

Love to see FB ban the trump re-election campaign ad network. I mean, damn, it’s dangerous too.

6 Likes

Milo%20Y%20poor

7 Likes

May they be, all of them flushed into the toilet of history. So say I.

8 Likes

Let me help ya’ll out.

Tin%20can%20phone

10 Likes

They’re floaters all…

10 Likes

Of course, one effect of waiting so damn long is now they’ll all get new donors and members because they can claim, once again, that they (that is, fascists like them) are the real victims in this world.

11 Likes

That’s exactly how I felt about you-know-who until he got that Celebrity Apprentice gig.

14 Likes

Gary Busey?

9 Likes

Your move, Twitter.

10 Likes

There’s this great line from ‘Saboteur’ (by Jethro Tull). “I anticipate a cleansing opportunity to take the horns by the bull.”

I see Jones, Farrakhan, et al, as ‘soft targets’ (the bull). As to the horns…

4 Likes