Facebook Dating launches because nothing matters

Someday Mark will be a real boy.

2 Likes

I think that’s the thing to remember, that LinkedIn (and its lesser competitor, Xing) have one other source of revenue: the premium subscriptions. There is less incentive to rely solely upon advertising, and more incentive to let the headhunters with their premium subscriptions have more honest results in their searches. Also, I like the idea of having paying a subscription to go ad-free, and even do it with my online newspaper subscription.

For the record, I simply maintain a clean CV in my LinkedIn profile, as I did get some great offers at just the right time. I am fully aware that I am the product that LinkedIn is offering the recruiters and headhunters, but that’s okay. It’s paid off for me so far, and I would rather maintain my own profile than risk some spoofer pretending to be me doing it.

2 Likes

I don’t have Facebook, but Google has gotten this wrong with hilarious results. It has assumed I spent all night every night at a restaurant that was at least a half mile away from where I was actually staying.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.