Facebook gave user data to 'at least 4 Chinese companies,' including tech giant ID'd as security threat by U.S. intel

They believe in living dangerously? Or… maybe it’s a case of “do as we say, not as we do”?

Gotta get these anti-Facebook posts in front of the eyeballs that are glued to Facebook somehow. What better way than through Facebook itself?

1 Like

It was well before Trump that the determination was made that Huawei steals intellectual property, engages in industrial espionage in United States, designed communications equipment which allows unauthorized access by the Chinese government, sells phones with malware that can listen to calls, track users, and make online purchases, and are in general a security threat to anyone who uses their products.
Knee jerk cries of nationalism without regard to the facts is not a virtue at any time.

1 Like

I guess I’m actually relieved that Trump is, to some degree, in the pocket of China, thanks to entanglements of family business interests. I mean, he’s not going to advance US economic interests wrt China (thanks to his total ignorance about economic issues, he’s not doing so with any other countries either), and he needs to appear to “be tough” on them, but he’s happy to make some noise and avoids doing anything that will piss them off too much. So there’s that.

Honestly, given that, I’d be surprised if Trump doesn’t eventually direct the Commerce Department to help out Huawei.

ZTE Corp. is another Chinese supplier who we has been labeled a bad actor by our government and governments around the globe. Trump really wants them to succeed.

1 Like

Yeah, after not only spying but also violating sanctions (against North Korea and Iran, both of which Trump claims to find important), and Trump suddenly is concerned about preserving “jobs in China.” It’s pretty funny how transparent his “tough on China” stance is actually pure posturing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.