Facebook gun nuts point loaded guns at their nuts. Guess what happened?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/17/facebook-gun-nuts-point-loaded.html

7 Likes

Natural selection.

46 Likes

shot himself in the junk. This instantly made him a hero among his peers, as he diligently documented his trip to the hospital for junk repair.

Ah, those “responsible gun owners” the ammosexuals are always talking about…

Once hundreds of American men are pointing loaded weapons with the safeties off at their own genitals and sharing the videos on social media, we’re past the point of anyone being able to pretend that this country has a sane and healthy attitude toward firearms.

66 Likes

Yes! I was hoping for documented proof of the predictable outcome of this utterly stupid display of toxic masculinity and its intersectionality with ammosexuals.

37 Likes

28 Likes

Needs a new Darwin Award category, for staying alive but still removing one’s ability to further contribute to the gene pool.

19 Likes

Well if he got himself good enough before he could breed, this probably worked itself out…

But… yeah…

But let’s be clear here. These are fringe nutters who are shit posting to rile literally EVERYONE up and then giggle because they made people upset. This isn’t unique to any community. Not to pull a “no true Scotsman” fallacy, but people like this are out side the accepted norms of most of the “gun community”. Let’s not pretend this is the norm or even remotely accpetable, because it isn’t.

It would be akin to motorcycle enthusiasts shaking their heads at videos of guys tearing through traffic at 150mph or doing wheelies on the highway. Or skateboarders doing incredibly dangerous (one false move and you’re dead) street stunts with no helmets or pads. (I guess some of the things I’ve seen a helmet would just help keep the brains in mostly one place…)

20 Likes

I’m confused as to why he’s their hero - he disproved their basic assertion, that a gun is still safe even having the safety off, right? Unless that wasn’t actually the point. It was actually just “aiming a gun at one’s penis to own the libs,” instead? I guess “shooting off one’s junk to own the libs” makes about as much sense.

36 Likes

28 Likes

Shot his last load?

48 Likes
35 Likes

Think it’s bad now? Just wait until No Nut November!

36 Likes

Isn’t it really more like someone misusing nerve gas or a hand grenade.

Not sure there’s any polling that shows what portion of the weapons community supports these dangerous actions - but it’s way more than a fringe.

23 Likes

Guns don’t blow your junk off, people blow their junk off.

38 Likes

The explanatory article sums it up: When you ironically point a gun at your dick, you’re still pointing a gun at your dick.

42 Likes

Oh, come on. Pistols, hand grenades, nerve gas, motorcycles, cars, skateboards: all the same, purpose-designed to kill and injure living things. Why do you hate the Constitution, librul? /s

Yep. As I said above, we’re past the point of pretending that it’s just a few idiots when this is happening.

24 Likes

30 Likes

Woah woah: trigger warning please!

:smirk:

I’ll show myself out.

52 Likes

Actually, that already qualifies. This was achieved by a golfer who sat on a ball (!) washing machine: Darwin Awards 2001 | Scoop News

16 Likes

Which dangerous actions? Pointing a loaded gun at yourself or anyone else? The percentage of people who find that acceptable is, in my estimate, a fraction of a percent.

Try that at any range and you will be instantly kicked out. Even an accidental flag or breaking the 180 rule in competition is an instant DQ and going home.

Youtube has literally THOUSANDS OF HOURS of people doing dangerous, stupid stuff with a variety of different things. We call those people idiots. We don’t assume EVERYONE doing similar things in a more safe manner are idiots.

4 Likes