Facebook only pretended to shut down access to friends' data in 2015, quietly continued access for its favored partners

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/10/developers-developers-develope.html

4 Likes

Q: How can you tell when The Zuck is lying.

A: Just look to see if his lips are moving.

13 Likes

He’s a robot, they barely move even when he’s talking

6 Likes

BiodegradableIdleGelding-max-1mb

12 Likes

Any of them.

6 Likes

Any time he’s not referring to his users as “dumb fucks”?

3 Likes

Master of the house, doling out the charm
Ready with a handshake and an open palm
Tells a saucy tale, makes a little stir
Customers appreciate a bon-viveur
Glad to do a friend a favor
Doesn’t cost me to be nice
But nothing gets you nothing
Everything has got a little price!

8 Likes

Well, it’s certainly coming in useful today!
(and @TobinL)

3 Likes

This type of asinine bullshit is exactly why, when someone complained about my moniker “Bozobub Clownlord” and Facebook demanded I send them a scan of my ID, that I left Facebook and never went back. I hardly used it anyway; I only joined to get a free game (or DLC, I forget now) in the 1st place ^^’…

8 Likes

Just curiously, has anyone written a browser extension to block these horrible “mouths as eyes” images that BB loves? They’re stomach-turning and I’d happily pay $5 to get rid of them.

2 Likes

They don’t bother me in the same way but I also find them annoying. Yes, I get it, Zuckerberg is a bad person, but maybe let the article show me that?

4 Likes

Yes, good. Do not put on the sunglasses. Do not try to see the true face of your corporate overlords. Avoid crimethink. Obey, consume. Stay asleep.

9 Likes

…But that is your real name right?

6 Likes

Yet again I’d like to remind people that facebook will gather info on you whether you use it or not, so take your revenge by giving them bad data and fill that pipe with shit.

4 Likes

Even if it was, Facebook doesn’t get a copy of my ID, period.

3 Likes

In that case its my sister entering the bad data, so while a lot of it is probably of low quality, I have absolutely no control over what she puts there.

Which is the point, I suppose, of using second hand information.

1 Like

I am suuuper curious about the thing with replacing eyes with mouths. I even signed up for a commenting account. Somebody, please, tell me what is up with that.

1 Like

The one constant: Facebook being insincere to its users.

1 Like

FTFY

(padding)

1 Like

delete

4 Likes