Facebook sends man animation featuring cartoon characters dancing on his mother's grave

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/22/patrick-gerard.html

5 Likes

I can imagine a new horror movie: When algorithms went mad.

6 Likes

Hah! My wife got one last year that was a picture of her totalled car from a really traumatic accident. No dancing cartoon animals though.

“Remember when?” Yes, often at 2am, covered in cold sweat.

29 Likes

Stay classy, Facebook.

16 Likes

There’s no evidence that this isn’t intentional because Mark Z feeds on misfortune like a sadness vampire. So it must be true.

13 Likes

tumblr_oef0ap5v3g1r868elo1_400

19 Likes

facebook needs to die and burn in a dumpster fire already.

11 Likes

Everyone’s a comedian, but who among you will do anything.

2 Likes

Don’t blame face book, blame all the people giving the “love” emotion to the image :confused:

4 Likes

And then we can all dress up as cartoon characters and dance on Facebook’s grave. Counting the days (but not holding my breath).

12 Likes

Man, this kind of thing just makes the anniversaries of dead pets and relatives SO MUCH suckier. Not to mention, i do NOT cherish being reminded of cherished guitars and amps i’ve had to part with just to keep up with the skyrocketing fucking cost of living.

6 Likes

I think it’s an old film now

11 Likes

Facebook needs something like the health warning sticker on cigarettes.

6 Likes

Can we light the fire with Twitter?

10 Likes

Yeah, my daughter was real excited when Facebook reminded her of the family dog’s death anniversary.

9 Likes

Did they play Thriller as well?

6 Likes

Brazil won’t be old until I am old!

4 Likes

I… really want to see the animation. I imagine either it’ll end up blackly humorous or a disturbing trainwreck of automated content creation.

4 Likes

Just wait until their business plan is complete.

“Your [nMarkovAnniversaryType] has arrived! Turn towards your mandatory FaceTime camera and dance, fleshling.”

3 Likes

And yet curiously nothing about how he cancelled his account.

10 Likes