Facebook to lay off another 10,000 workers in coming months

Originally published at: Facebook to lay off another 10,000 workers in coming months | Boing Boing

5 Likes

The thing about the hundreds of words of circumlocutory corporate wooden-language that Zuckerberg issues before dropping the number is that it’s completely bespoke and slightly weird.

The one AI initiative that will never stop receiving funding at Facebook is Zuckerberg himself.

16 Likes

Like Elon Musk, he’s throwing around computer science jargon to show that he’s a Techno King who has a detailed technical understanding of absolutely everything. /s

The only difference is that he’s garbage collecting unnecessary processes instead of optimising the stack.

23 Likes

I love all the ways heads of major corporations find a way to reword “I know I’m a billionaire, but I really want more billions. I’m not sure why. I just do, ok?”

19 Likes

What a fucking psycho. Can we stop structuring our economy to elevate people who see basic human emotional functions as a useless distraction from wealth and power generation?

17 Likes

i’m going to call bullshit on the decision being difficult for the being that made it.

11 Likes

There’s a great article somewhere out there arguing that the managerial-therapeutic jargon is the entire fractal seed of Dianetics/Scientology and futher that some L. Ron Hubbard collaborator was really responsible for that side of it, with Hubbard responsible for the sci fi

6 Likes

Here’s a long article about the Metaverse that just came out today.

It describes it as just as awful as we already all know it to be. However I thought this one line was interesting:

(Although the author made it pretty clear that there’s no reason anyone should want to be present in that hellscape.)

I wonder if Zuck will read this and decide to add a virtual smartphone feature within the app.

5 Likes

Facebook workers: Are you calling us “tools?”
Zuckerberg: No, I’m calling you “garbage.”

4 Likes

When you de-personalize and abstractify your language so hard you accidentally call your employees garbage.

5 Likes

Tell me that you don’t consider your employees human people without using the words human or people

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.