Zuckerberg coldly explains to Facebook staff they are now to be known as "Metamates"

Originally published at: Zuckerberg coldly explains to Facebook staff they are now to be known as "Metamates" | Boing Boing

7 Likes

“Metamates”?

22 Likes

I wonder if this firmware update will provide Zuck with more lifelike representations of human emotion.

42 Likes

He has a “go fund me” to buy a personality, the demand is evident.

20 Likes

Luc Belaire Nah Bro GIF by Dot Cromwell

20 Likes

This only confirms to me that there’s an element of masochism involved in choosing to work for Zuckerberg.

28 Likes

My first day would be my last day working for that f’ing weasel.

30 Likes

Solution: everyone starts talking like pirates, and so prounounces “metamates” as “meta-maties.”

46 Likes

A little Metamucil might help with the firmware problem.

50 Likes

Is it just me, or is Facebook taking on more of a cult-y vibe these days?

31 Likes

The "cult of work " has been a whole thing in corporate US culture for a while. Getting a good review has been for years about convincingly insisting things like “I find a deep transformative fulfilment in what I’ve accomplished with those spreadsheets last week and am eager to receive guidance on how to better serve our cause.”

43 Likes

19 Likes

Metamate? Some people love it; some people hate it.

18 Likes

Obligatory…

17 Likes

SandyBestGelding-size_restricted

17 Likes

From “teammate” to “metamate”? He’s been playing too much Wordle.

18 Likes

Every new bit of video (ie: recorded more recently) I see of this guy looks even less human than the earlier ones. It’s like he’s an alien who used to at least try to blend in and keep his skin-suit in working order, but then he just stopped caring, stopped even trying to emulate what he thought were human behaviours, and then stopped maintaining his skin-suit, so now it’s even taking on a waxy/plasticy appearance and has stopped even showing those automated twitches that humans normally make.

It’s kind of unnerving.

14 Likes

24 Likes

Yeah, I’m a masochist, but I think I’m going to be adding that to my “Hard No” list.

14 Likes

Just when you think he has reached maximum creep. He surprises you.

8 Likes