Facial recognition: Amazon adds 'fear' to range of emotions Rekognition can detect

Swapping out a ‘c’ for a ‘k’ in words has often had connotations of oppression to English speakers, and I’m sure Amazon know this. Is someone malevolently winking at us?

4 Likes

You call that “100% Mustache?! THIS is 100% Mustache!”

7 Likes
4 Likes

giphy%20(25)

2 Likes

“No! Not that lot! They are our reference standard!”

/s (probably)

2 Likes

No mistake my friend. No mistake.

4 Likes

How about a mixture of fear, anger, and disgust? Because I think that’s what’s on my face right now.

Fake News! Software is 100% accurate, everyone is always guilty of something!
    - Cardinal Richelieu (updated)

2 Likes

It sounds handy, huh? Unobtrusively scan, and get the name and a scraping of profiles to tell you his favorites and associations, so you can figure out where you know the person from.

But then you think, what does it say about you? And who gets the info? and how much info can you get if you pay in-app… damn, that escalated quick.

1 Like

In a kinder world, I would say this is a positive thing–if I’ve got an android with AI assisting my grandmother in a nursing home, a key part of empathy is recognizing when someone is afraid and stepping back, re-assessing.

But the cynicism is deep, so deathly deep these days.

“I’m not the one feeling! He’s the one feeling!”

2 Likes

Underrated movie.

1 Like

Give ‘em the ol’ razzle dazzle

3 Likes

I’m sure they and the good folks at freaking Palantir are hard at work developing the technology to notice if someone is…

1 Like

It certainly is the facial recognition version of

If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him.

1 Like

amazon has figured out they don’t need an irb oh shit

1 Like

Just…just…

daaaaaaaammmmn.

That mans facial hair has its own zip code!

2 Likes

But it’s not really 100% moustache, is it? I’d say it’s at least 90% sideburns.

That’s 100% moustache.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.