Facing unpaid overtime, cuts and austerity, French cops threaten to join Gilets Jaunes protesters

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/21/let-them-eat-cake-2.html

2 Likes

Mercenaries gonna mercenary, I guess.

3 Likes

Lose the cops and the soldiers and it’s game over for the aristocrats of austerity.

24 Likes

2018 is certainly doing its best to go out with a bang in a big way, between Hungarian protests against the ‘slave labor’ law, these gilets jaunes protests in France, and so much drama on the Washington front…

5 Likes

I think we need us some Gilets Jaunes on this side of the pond, too!

7 Likes

I normally work near the payroll departments of major companies.

Every single one of them has understood the concept of “I work, you pay me. You don’t pay me, I don’t work.”

I cannot comprehend why anyone would think that stiffing cops or any employees for overtime is a good idea, that’s how you get labor really, really mad at you and that always works out so well for every employer that tries it…

13 Likes

I recall a similar scene in Walkaway.

1 Like

Don’t f u c k with the French, let that be a lesson to you Macron. Vive la France!

8 Likes

The aristocrats of austerity.on this side of the pond know that they can’t piss off the police or firemen, otherwise they have no protection.

3 Likes

Excuse me, but you are assuming that aristocrats have a modicum of intelligence. They do not.

1 Like

Pay your police and army on time, its like 101 Dictatorship.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.