#FalconHeavy success: SpaceX launches world's biggest rocket

Did they successfully land the core on the barge? I can’t find any information about this.

1 Like

Didn’t make it. It was in the feed from the control room, but not in the PR feed. I don’t know why they just didn’t say it knowing that it was already out there. That said, they aren’t saying how it went down.

1 Like

My 12 year was jumping up and down watching that. I have to admit I kinda was too.

4 Likes

Yes they did.

2 Likes

Pics or didn’t happen.

2 Likes

Easy to forget this is technically the fourth time an electric car has been launched beyond low earth orbit.

11 Likes

Sad they didn’t pick Rocketman instead.

1 Like

F yeah!

To Mars and beyond!

11 Likes

I watched the actual launch from my front yard. The only real benefit of living in Brevard County. It wasn’t as impressive as the night launch last month, but the video was spectacular!

7 Likes

Some say that he volunteered to valet park Elon Musk’s Tesla on Mars. Some say that he thought he was going to get to drive the Falcon Heavy around the test track. All we know is, he’s called the Stig.

13 Likes

Those alien archeologists are going to be so confused.

12 Likes

I was all, “Let’s see the flerffers refute that shot from the outside of the second stage! There’s your curve, numbskulls!” But then I realized how resilient bad ideas can be. Oh, well. Awesome launch!

2 Likes

Like a ballet.

1 Like

Nothing on the SpaceX twitter feed yet. Even if they didn’t, it’s still a successful test, but I do love watching those barge landings (and I love the Culture names of the barges, too)!

2 Likes

I thought that I had seen a pic of it on the barge, but I cannot find that now, so I may be mistaken… I hope not!

1 Like

It’s a drone barge, meaning no one was around to defend it.

My guess is that SpaceX just doesn’t want us to know that the primary booster was stolen by pirates. (Soon to be SPACE PIRATES.)

4 Likes

There’s no changing the minds of people who think that launching a junk rocket to 1800 ft will allow them to disprove the curvature of the earth, even though aircraft regularly fly at 32,000 feet.

If you really want to set them off, mention Eratosthenes’…

5 Likes

Still no word on the Of Course I still Love You…
I am also a huge fan that Musk is a huge fan of Iain M. Banks and Douglas Adams.
Watching those cores is like something out of a dream.

Not bad for a guy from a ‘shithole country’

4 Likes

Still waiting to see if the main stage landed successfully, but the synchronized landing of the two boosters was a thing of beauty.

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/DWMPe3wF9jQ?t=55s

10 Likes