Falling printer misses man by inches

A printer suddenly falls out of the sky

Let’s face it - that printer was aimed at him. Someone just tried to murder that dude by dropping a printer out of a window on his head. It’s not like some office stored their printer on a table by a window and it just happened to get accidentally pushed out exactly where he was standing…

Especially since there’s no way that wasn’t deliberate. That someone tried to kill him should have been worth a flicker of a reaction at least.

“Your assassination attempt failed Marge, and I know for a fact you don’t have any more heavy office equipment up there…”

2 Likes

The Continental Op tells a story about this guy.

2 Likes

nicely done

I was thinking along similar lines, but if I recall correctly the scene is from The Maltese Falcon. The book, but not the movie.

3 Likes

The second angle, that printer has a bit of an arc to it as if it was indeed aimed at him.

1 Like

It didn’t fall out of the sky. Someone next to him threw it about head high, to his right.

Hah. Reminds me of the summer I packed up all my shit from my ex’s house into my Saturn and drove up to NYC to live with a good friend. He was away on tour (we’re all formerly theatrikal arts technicians, stagehands, etc…) and let me borrow his air conditioner unit. The very day I went to move it from his window to mine, my back tweaked out at just the wrong time and the big ass unit dropped out of the 2nd story window and missed my (new) landlord’s car by a foot or two. I hear some guy out front go “you poor bastard.” Lesson learned.

1 Like

It’s revenge. They’re coming for us!

Don’t be so SCSI!

4 Likes

Next time they should use an anvil or a grand piano, like Warner Bros and Hanna&Barbera cartoons have shown us.

4 Likes

Yeah, if it had simply fallen out of a window, it conceivably might have come close to him just by (highly unlikely) coincidence, but he’s some ways away from the building and it must have been thrown with some force to get out to where he was standing.

Someone was trying to create an update to the classics. If their aim had been slightly better…

If so, he’s lucky the kerning was messed up.

7 Likes

I was thinking the same thing!

He’s lucky it wasn’t an air-conditioner, he could have ended up in the Good Place.

And here tis:

http://fallingbeam.org/beam.htm

1 Like

Yup. But IIRC, it’s just a story from Spade’s life as a detective about a guy who had a near miss with a steel girder while walking past a construction site. Which prompts the guy to leave his wife, his job, his complete regular life and move to another town. Where he starts a new life which is practically an exact copy of his old life. Spade tells it to make a philosophical point which I can’t remember right now.

I think that IS the philosophical point. ETA, this part of the book is a bit jarring if you are only familiar with the movie, which hews very close to the book. Why it was left out, eh? It’s brilliant. Should have been in there and reading it, you can absolutely hear Bogie saying it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.