Family grants Grandmother's final wish, a cock-and-balls monument on her grave

Fascinating. And how very American. I am in the UK and have signed for a donation to medical schools. I don’t think this will happen to me, but I had not imagined this possibility. I heard of bodies being shot and left in the woods to test forensic theory.

It’s up to my family, I guess. If they can get some cash for my cadaver instead of paying a funeral director, then they can go for it. I have never understood this ‘respect for a corpse’ thing, and I won’t be there to complain anyhow.

6 Likes

Glad she went for the new Snickers design with just the hint of a vein instead of the veiny OG design:

And then there’s that color that makes me think of Broad City’s Ilanna Glazer talking about “pink dick”

Mary Roach’s book, “Stiff” deals with all the ways bodies get dealt with. Blowing up bodies is essential to developing saftey gear and is important work. Of course, in the case you mention, the people procuring the bodies should have been more upfront about it.

After death, they are welcome to blow up my body as long as someone proclaims, “he blowed up real good!”

8 Likes

Does Sir/Madam wish the explosion to be filmed in slo-mo? Many people feel that slo-mo adds a respectful touch as we say our farewells to the departed.

5 Likes

I must say, that was a very respectful ‘splosion. They done blowed up good.

4 Likes

I’ll get to work on the soundtrack. Hmmm, something by the Dead Boys, People who die by Jim Carroll, Life is Shit by the Dead Milkmen,…

1 Like

I feel that this should be followed by a, “H-yuk! H-yuk! H-yuk!” laugh.

3 Likes

It all boils down to just giving the public what they want.

1 Like

How did my MRI scan end up here?

2 Likes

More of a “woo-hoo”.

It’s an early-80s North American thing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.