The 5 words Jerry Springer wanted on his tombstone

Originally published at: The 5 words Jerry Springer wanted on his tombstone | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Worst 5 word inscription:

“Don’t Bury Me, I’m Alive”

6 Likes

I have two bumper stickers I had made framed and ready for my casket.

Yesterday Was The Last Day Of The Rest Of My Life

and

I’d Rather Be Breathing

I’ll let my daughter decide what to put on the headstone. I know it will be good.

14 Likes

or as my great gram would have said, “told you i was sick”
RIP, Muzzie.

11 Likes

(he cheated at cribbage but at least he put " " on his tombstone)

8 Likes

Here’s what I plan to have on my tombstone.

Here’s my planned tombstone.

15 Likes

Will they have a folding chair fight at the service?

5 Likes

…You want a giant tomb as a monument to someone else, or are you changing your name to Amunemhet?

7 Likes

You think euansmith is my real name!? :smile::smile::smile:

7 Likes

I seriously want to learn stone work enough to craft my own obelisk. Dunno what to put on it yet.

I also want to create a time capsule to put in the casket - and honestly - I want to market this idea to others. If one is ever dug up 1000 years later, there is information about the person’s past life and ephemera of the life lived.

Don’t forget to help future archaeologists by tagging each of your grave goods with, “Ritual Significance.” :smile:

6 Likes

We’ve been doing this for as long as I can remember, we always put mementos in the casket of our loved ones.

My dad’s casket got a little out of hand because of all the grandkids, it looked like a goodwill store in there but everyone was allowed to place something that meant something to them.

I can only imagine what our daughter is planning for my box.

3 Likes

when my mum’s last husband died (good riddance to the narcissistic shithead) he was buried with full military honors (air force colonel, viet nam vet). when i went to his casket i gave him a memento, you bet. i slipped a “Zero Fucks Given” coin under the lapel of his uniform jacket. take that to hell, you miserable bastard!

4 Likes

How long does one have to be dead before digging you up is considered archeology and not grave robbing? Maybe @Doctor_Faustus knows.

3 Likes

In terms of science there’s no set limit. If there is a research question that can only be answered by excavating a recent grave, then that’s archaeology. Whether you get a permit to do it is another question, because different jurisdictions have different definitions.

The real difference between archaeology and grave robbing are the methods and intentions. An archaeologist never seeks to profit from their excavation, the work is undertaking with a research question in mind (and on paper), and it follows professional ethics. Those ethics mean that the work is carried out according to local law. They also encompass such things as the treatment of human remains and the ownership rights of the objects found (which are usually local museums or governments, though in some cases the landowner might have claims).

2 Likes

I think grave robbing was probably the wrong word but violation of a tomb didn’t sound right either so I went with the former. Thanks for the detailed response!

5 Likes

Tomb raiding?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Usually legal as long as you wear a tight tank top and short shorts while digging.