Police request railings and other hostile architecture in cemetery to prevent people from having sex on the tombstones

Originally published at: Police request railings and other hostile architecture in cemetery to prevent people from having sex on the tombstones | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I thought the problem was too many railings in the cemetery…

19 Likes

sounds very much like the town has bought into the dubious ideas of hostile architecture, and, after finding it wanting, is looking to extend it into the churchyard.

13 Likes

plant nettles, devils-club, and poison-ivy (oh my)

15 Likes

Can I inquire as to how many dead people have complained about said activity?

30 Likes

If someone wants to party and get their rocks off they can use my tomb

29 Likes

This is another niche market where they could probably find a way to monetize the activity and make it safe rather than ban it outright. Maybe have a tombstone with no one under it. Obviously the demand is there.

7 Likes

We used to drink and play hide and seek in an abandoned cemetery, that cemetery has been restored, we haven’t been there for decades, I feel a road trip coming on.

Maybe they should erect something around this grave, no, wait, it looks like they already did erect something.

9 Likes

so much easier to put up fences than fix the problem

5 Likes

I like the Nettles suggestion. It’s very nasty to touch, but not actually poisonous. I believe nettles are native to Britain, so non-invasive. For the taxpayer’s sake, it would be inexpensive. As a bonus, it’s edible when cooked.

10 Likes

BTW: It took years and maturity for me to realize the significance of the very obvious seat repair next to Delores.

8 Likes

WTF?

Well now I need to rethink my grave design so I can have a large flat surface. I was going to fixate on an Obelisk.

By all means, I want people to enjoy themselves at my grave.

12 Likes

As if an Obelisk wouldn’t work for such people?

4 Likes

It would work for SOME people, but also I wanted it to be tall, which would be a safety hazard.

2 Likes

Paige, No!

6 Likes

Knock 'em off with a deflector beam.

6 Likes

Get a mausoleum and call it the bone zone

Blushing Dark Souls GIF by Channel Frederator

9 Likes

Who is Paige?

1 Like

9 Likes

Ahhh… ouch?