84-year-old man buried astride his beloved Harley

[Permalink]

“Don’t he look Natural?”

1 Like

Awesome. You just know those panniers are jammed with cartons of smokes.

1 Like

That’s the kind of gesture that really says “I love this bike far more than I love the family members who might have had a chance to enjoy it after my death.”

2 Likes

As the pharaohs of ancient Egypt proved, you CAN take it with you. . . but whether it’s encased in a triangular mountain of stone or a plexiglass case, grave robbers will still take it away.

2 Likes

I hope they played this song.

2 Likes

Great, now we’ll soon have an entire gang of undead geriatrics terrorizing the village.

3 Likes

Archeologists in the future will think this man was one of our gods, probably the son of James Dean or Peter Fonda

3 Likes

Good thing he wasn’t into runaway hookers.

3 Likes

I feel that the only proper end for such a presentation of a dead body would require that it be set afloat and then set on fire.

2 Likes

So… I was just wondering, what’s the penalty for grave robbing in Ohio?

At first, I was having a hard time believing this burial happened. A wood and plexi case like this would collapse under the weight of the earth on top of and around it, closing in all the space around the corpse and motorcycle and making hasty grave robbery virtually impossible. You’d need a backhoe to dig this thing out. But strangely, Ohio law doesn’t require a burial vault and this is likely a cemetery that simply doesn’t require one. Most do. But for the right price, I guess you can buy anything, anywhere. Anyway, this weight-of-earth is enough to prevent any sort of theft, but the corpse and cycle will certainly be effected by dampness, insect infiltration, ground water, and the surface above this, erm, thing, would certainly slump and collapse as the earth crushed and slid into the container, which would require the cemetery maintainers to backfill it periodically, possibly for years to come. This grave would certainly be a danger to folks mowing the lawn on a riding mower before it collapses entirely and finally in years to come. [Former cemetery worker here.]

3 Likes

You can have my cash, dope, alcohol, wo/man but don’t touch my bike.

I hope I die in the woods fall away from civilization so that the worms and things that will eat the body I leave behind will have full tummies. And the bones be scattered with time passing. Everything returning too the earth as we came from the earth. Meegwetch.

1 Like

epic. my only complaint is the green on the coffin, shouldn’t it be harley orange and chrome?

Not bad, but he’s no Edward Keinholz:

Kienholz died suddeny in Idaho on June 10, 1994, from a heart attack while hiking in the mountains near their home. He was buried in a Kienholz installation: Robert Hughes wrote, “[H]is corpulent, embalmed body was wedged into the front seat of a brown 1940 Packard coupe. There was a dollar and a deck of cards in his pocket, a bottle of 1931 Chianti beside him and the ashes of his dog Smash in the back. He was set for the afterlife. To the whine of bagpipes, the Packard, steered by his widow Nancy Reddin Kienholz, rolled like a funeral barge into the big hole.”[

1 Like

He features only briefly in that clip, but there’s a @beschizza doppelganger in that movie as one of the bike gang members. He’s doing a “sad” face in the clip (I didn’t say he was a good actor) that lessens the resemblance.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.