Far-right billionaire presidential hopeful Ramaswamy proposes stripping young people's voting rights

Originally published at: Far-right billionaire presidential hopeful Ramaswamy proposes stripping young people's voting rights | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Starship Troopers GIF

40 Likes

21 Likes

As you might expect, Ramaswamy did not partake in any of these activities in his own youth; he was too busy attending Harvard.

I don’t really give two shits if he’s worked part-time as a soldier or paramedic his whole working life: creating “lesser citizens” because they do a different job is madness.

But the fact this asshole thinks it’s ok for him an not for others is unsurprising.

32 Likes

I’d love to see how the supreme court would square THIS with originalist interpretations of the constitution, given how many of the writers of said document were under 25 at the time.

5 Likes

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

By that do you mean not a single one?

The delegates ranged in age from Jonathan Dayton, aged 26, to Benjamin Franklin, aged 81, who was so infirm that he had to be carried to sessions in a sedan chair.

And of course, there was no universal franchise at all at the outset either… It’s been a slow and steady centuries long process to roll out voting rights for more and more of us. And the GOP is current in the process of pushing that backwards, of course. They’ve already started with voter suppression laws, various forms of desperate gerrymandering, and now proposals like this…

20 Likes

… and now that’s going to be the only thing most people know about him

Barbra Streisand Comedy GIF by Turner Classic Movies

23 Likes

Fuck this guy. Young enough to be forced to have kid, old enough to vote. I’m sick of these asshole think their existence is the only thing that matter. Elmo should take all those assholes on his oneway trip to Mars. The rest of humanity will be better off without them.

11 Likes

By golly you’re right!
I had thought they were younger, but got mixed up in my head between different stages of the early history and independence.

3 Likes

kids-in-the-hall-evil

7 Likes

@ Vivek Ganapathy Ramaswamy:

Sincerely, Melz

15 Likes

If he had taken a civics test, he would know that his proposal would require an amendment to the Constitution. And if he had studied political science at Harvard, he would know how close to impossible it is to amend the Constitution.

20 Likes

Stupid, evil, ignorant POS, haavaad edjication or not.

I’ll smoke to that!

9 Likes

In other news, some fucktard judge ruled that you can’t set an age limit for buying an AK47.

But we have an actual candidate trying to claim that Voting is too dangerous for the youts.

Because GUNS.

18 Likes

From his statements, I’m not sure if he took civics and American history in middle school, let alone Harvard.

What he does understand, like most GOP candidates, is that the party has no real appeal to most young people. If it’s going to be able to continue its main mission of preserving low taxes on greedpig billionaires, it will have to keep finding ways to disenfranchise young voters.

15 Likes

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

Okay, well, if you don’t have anything actually serious to contribute, then I think I’m done here. Have a nice… whatever?

6 Likes

Can we stop saying “wants to stop teaching Critical Race Theory”? I assume, like most of these people, he has no idea what CRT actually is. What he means is “Stop teaching people racism existed and still exists.”

10 Likes

How did Elmo get dragged into this???

Thinking Elmo GIF by Sesame Street

3 Likes

Is this tw*t nozzle unaware of the 26th amendment?

AMENDMENT XXVI

Passed by Congress March 23, 1971. Ratified July 1, 1971.

Note: Amendment 14, section 2, of the Constitution was modified by section 1 of the 26th amendment.

Section 1.

The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

Section 2.

The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

6 Likes

Their appeal is to the ultra rich, white nationalists and Christian nationalists - mix and match as you desire.

I am 61, white, and heterosexual. I can’t believe how many people cannot see that these are just awful, self-centered, hateful sociopaths and that socioeconomic inequality is probably the greatest driver of all the things they fear. One more clueless, awful billionaire.

Ego, hate and greed are their lodestones.

3 Likes