Ramaswamy's nomination papers signed by dead people

Originally published at: Dead People Found on Vivek Ramaswamy's Nomination Papers - Boing Boing

5 Likes

January 6th WAS an inside job. His favorite president and henchmen engineered it.

26 Likes

Republicans: “We need dead people.”

13 Likes

Let’s hope one of the people who signed it was Edgar Neubauer.

6 Likes

A far cry from Truman’s dictum that “the buck stops here.”

17 Likes

24 Likes

Ah, yes- “Voting the cemetary”. An old trick by a gent named Mac O’ Velly, from that I understand… /sarcasm

(also, bonus points for getting the book reference(s) there…)

7 Likes

…which surprised exactly no one.

All these accusations of ‘Dems cheat! and uh steal and stuff!’ are just massive projection (and of course calls for the Dumbs to try to cheat in any way they can - like having dead father vote, etc etc etc See The Villages)

…and the cheating? Has no one done a piece on how V made all that money?
The guy is a massive liar, cheat and all around d!ck (at least judging by his every public anything)

15 Likes

I have mentioned here how he made his money many, many times. It’s why I always pop in and make a point to correct the reference to his name to include “conman” in front of it. Like thus:

But for those who may have missed it, after making some money in hedge funds, he founded a startup whose business model is to buy on the cheap the patents to drugs that the Big Pharma companies have been unable to gain FDA approval on, somehow manage to get FDA approval on said drugs even though his company is not a pharmaceutical company or lab, and then profit. To date, I don’t believe he’s managed to gain FDA approval on a single drug. His highest profile drug purchase resulted in the subsidiary created to market that drug going bankrupt, costing investors a lot of money. In short, he made his fortune through venture capital: getting other rich people to give him money to do something he has no ability, and likely no intention, of ever actually doing.

The really frustrating thing about this is that finding this out doesn’t require a lot of research. A five minute Google search will reveal everything I just said. Hell, it’s in his Wikipedia entry. He’s a con artist. I will be shocked if he doesn’t follow Martin Shkrelli and Elizabeth Holmes to jail some day. The only way he will avoid this fate is if Trump is elected and names Ramaswamy to head the Department of Health and Human Services, because the FDA reports to that Cabinet department, and I’m convinced the real reason he’s running is to try to snag that appointment. Then he can gut the FDA so that his company can actually succeed.

21 Likes

Securing the dead people vote has swung many an election in the past.

9 Likes

Naturally, since he’s absent friends.

6 Likes

It woukd be hilarious (except that it would mean that T**** won :face_vomiting:) if that’s what he tries, since the FDA has nothing to do with the fraud aspect that burned Shkreli and Holmes. False claims and investment fraud fall under the SEC and are enforced by the DOJ.

5 Likes

His QAnon supporters were probably alive before they took a bunch of horse dewormer for Covid.

10 Likes

I’m just specifically referring to his business model relying on gaining FDA approval on the drugs he buys the patents to. If he can successfully do that (gain FDA approval) then he’s no longer committing fraud. Of course, this will likely result in a thalidomide level disaster at some point, so we will all pay the price, but fraud would be off the table at that point.

6 Likes

Written in by dead people? Colour me surprised. “MC Vivek, rhymes with cake, yo” found supporters among a demographic that wouldn’t find him so utterly insufferable. (-‸ლ)

3 Likes

The joke would still be on him. No one on the face of the planet can drag their feet in bureaucratic delay like the FDA. Here’s a re-enactment of Ramaswamy getting his FDA approval letter:

tales from the crypt GIF

6 Likes

But right in line with Trump’s “the buck stops anywhere but here”.

9 Likes

Yes, but if he were to become the HHS Secretary, he could name a crony head of the FDA and gut the joint.

6 Likes

Of course. What have they got to lose?

6 Likes

Go Away GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

5 Likes