How Vivek Ramaswamy cashed in while shareholders lost millions

Originally published at: How Vivek Ramaswamy cashed in while shareholders lost millions | Boing Boing

3 Likes

For VP

10 Likes

Tech hasn’t been about innovation or improving the world for a long while.

It’s about financing the grifting.

12 Likes

One of these days someone will get ticked off at these tactics and sock him. That guy will then win the nomination.

2 Likes

So in other words, a parasite.

9 Likes

Screwing people over while he got rich is unfortunately seen as a virtue, not a failing.

6 Likes

I don’t think Trump would pick Vivek precisely because he might be seen as a younger version of Trump, and therefore a threat to Trump - he’s more likely to pick a candidate that no one would actually want to be president like Tim Scott.

8 Likes

My take as well. He was the only person on the stage who understood that the debate was an audition to be Biff’s Medvedev-like tr0ll VP. That he’s also a business grifter will also make him more attractive.

Of course, von Clownstick might just choose Ivanka as his running mate, but as long as Ramaswamy can show him he knows his place as a loyal young … apprentice, he advanced his prospects last night.

5 Likes

Vivek Ramaswamy : Tried to push his youth and his business knowledge. He thinks climate change is a hoax and promotes fossil fuel as the savior of our economy. I was shocked by how uninformed he is on, well, everything. T.S. Eliot’s poem “The Hollow Men” ends with “This is the way the world ends/Not with a bang but a whimper.” Ramanswamy is that whimper. He’s a man with no political experience and no substance. He’s proposed getting rid of Juneteenth. He wants to raise the voting age to 25, thereby eliminating many young voters who would align with Democrats. These aren’t ideas, they’re political pranks. Score: 1

16 Likes

Especially with Ramaswamy. The whole premise behind his business is to buy drugs from Pharma companies that failed to get those drugs approved, and then get them approved and to market. It has failed to get any drugs to market again and again and again, which shouldn’t be surprising because there’s a reason the drugs weren’t approved initially, and a reason those very big Pharma companies gave up on them, which, to be clear, is that they realized they were never going to get approval. The drugs were all either dangerous, ineffective, or both. And this genius’s idea was to take investors’ money, try to get approval again, and somehow succeed at that. I’m amazed anyone gave him money. It’s almost an Elizabeth Holmes level grift.

ETA: It also explains why he talks about deregulation so much. Regulations are preventing his business plan from working. If this guy gets his way, a Thalidomide level drug disaster in the US is just a matter of time.

12 Likes

Which would be a reasonable start towards eliminating future GOP election losses, by making the presidency hereditary.

3 Likes

Ramaswamy personally enriched himself … while regular shareholders bore the greatest losses …

Good Lord, he sounds perfect.

The base would like to know if they can get the same model, but in White, though.

9 Likes

The personification of the Hindi invention of the written zero.

3 Likes

Everyone predicting his nomination apparently don’t notice his lack of Whiteness. That is a not-insignificant liability with the gop base.

5 Likes

1 Like

Yeh, my take-away is he’s such a completely shameless sycophant to both Trump and MAGA, something the MAGAverse feels was missing with Pence. The idea that Vivek would refuse to certify the election is not just believable, it’s entirely plausible.

3 Likes

So? The other guy is bright orange and nobody there seems to mind him.

4 Likes

Does he believe in the right God? You can say what you want to Republicans, do what you want so long as you believe firmly in the monster from the Old Testament and 'Merkin Cheesus.

3 Likes

9/11 Truther

I think someone mis-spelt ‘liar’. They are 9/11 liars. :wink:

3 Likes

I thought that they were 7/24 liars. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes