Far-right fraudster Tommy Robinson loses £100,000 libel case to muslim schoolboy he lied about online

Originally published at: Far-right fraudster Tommy Robinson loses £100,000 libel case to muslim schoolboy he lied about online | Boing Boing

13 Likes

Now we need a system that follows that fine through, as if it were an unpaid bill to the local authority. Send in the bailiffs

25 Likes

Some excellent understatement from the judgment:

It is sufficient for me to record that the Defendant [Yaxley-Lennon] is a controversial figure who tends to polarise opinion

14 Likes

Robinson said he was “gobsmacked” by the costs Hijazi’s lawyers were claiming, which he said included £70,000 for taking witness statements. He added: “I’ve not got any money. I’m bankrupt. I’ve struggled hugely with my own issues these last 12 months … I ain’t got it.”

22 Likes

You Nazi, you pay, simple.

23 Likes

A lot of British understatement is because of the libel laws that brought Tommy Robinson down. Not that he will stay down for long. He’s like the Black knight from Monty Python, still fighting even though he doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

Sometimes I wonder how I remain sober when faced with far-right politics.

22 Likes

Painting port cranes as giraffes may cheer up Japanese children in Kyushu hospitals, but it’s headlines like this that cheer me up.

14 Likes

I have to give props to Rob for the deep cut of repeating his real name because lil kapo just hates it when people use that! I’m glad of this news today but the damage has already been done to that boy and his family and as pointed out he’s the foetid stink from the drains that keeps coming back.

7 Likes

He is such scum. I know he left them but it’s still true: bnp = british nazi party

8 Likes

There have been some satisfying stories of a regular person sending baliffs to raid a place of business.

5 Likes

That really is a satisfying read.

5 Likes

I entirely concur.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.