Father's Day Gift Guide

Would that I could. Unfortunately a shortened URL to an external resource will have to suffice: http://goo.gl/MNXJXp

4 Likes

So you have a father with hobbies and interests. That’s cheating.

6 Likes

When did boingboing forums become so cynical? My father doesn’t hunt wild turkeys, nor does he fly fish for Atlantic salmon. I’d love to see other people post their home-brew Father’s day gifts as alternatives to buying overpriced pens and pointless paper weights.

Ooooo!!! Yowzaa!

Very nicely done indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Nicely photographed, too. Thanks.

How hard can it be to get the right 12 year old scotch and Cohibas?

Well, dad died many years ago of lung cancer, but the best hand crafted gift that he received from me probably looked something like this:

Ode To The Elementary School Art Ashtray

3 Likes

I recall making a Christmas ornament in a color scheme similar to the one in the center. It weighed about the same as a cinderblock and was always hung with loving appreciation, as a counterweight at the lower back of the tree.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t the AC unit be for Dads who aren’t cool? If they were already cool, they wouldn’t need it.

Everyone’s a comedian. Does anyone have any other suggestions for home-made father’s day gifts?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.