Fauci says quote in Trump campaign ad is misleading

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/12/fauci-says-quote-in-trump-campaign-ad-is-misleading.html

10 Likes

This is almost peak-Trump; a work of perfect arseholetry.

21 Likes

so typical. trump denegrates and contradicts fauci at every opportunity, but when he needs an uptick in the polls he misleadingly uses him. what a piece of shit this guy is.

18 Likes

The headline should/could really be “Trump campaign uses Fauci quote to mislead”. The way the headline is written makes it sound like the only person we have to rely on as to whether the quote was misleading is Fauci himself. However if you read up on this, including the full soundbite that the quote was taken from, you too can determine, like Fauci did, that his quote was used in a misleading way (I’d add the word egregiously before misleading but that’s just me).

13 Likes

Trump replies “So Fauci has to make it all about him. What a loser!”

6 Likes

Some people think they’re playing a game, and they want to win.

Fauci is such a nice guy. You just want him to punch a bully in the nose once in a while. Not an arrogant, belligerent bone in his body.

Hopefully, we can find more good people like him for leadership positions on the next cycle.

7 Likes

So… the lying-ist liar that ever lied lied again?
shocked

6 Likes

The Fauci footage comes from an interview the epidemiologist did with Fox News in March.

And when was he last at the White House, May?

7 Likes

I’ll have to keep that in mind if I’m interviewed about the Turmp Administration. Because my quote would be “I can‘t imagine that anybody could be doing more…to kill off over half of the population of the United States.”

6 Likes

Time to break with a personal conviction of five decades, Dr. Fauci.

4 Likes

i feel like if my likeness were used fraudulently like that i would have grounds to sue, wouldn’t i?

3 Likes

Soon?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.