3 Likes

…And you, Sir, are no J Edgar Hoover.

12 Likes

I see what you did there :wink:

And we’ll be putting it in your file…

5 Likes

Good thing Obamacare covers burns.

11 Likes

Politicians and the FBI have never trusted each other.
They’re like the Pretorian Guard — they protect and intimidate.

1 Like

Pretty dress, though.

3 Likes

And now the people trust them even less

3 Likes

I have been waiting all election season for someone to make this very point. Well said!

1 Like

I meant the former. One day is less than ideal, but the fact that this vindication will be literally the last thing people hear about the issue before Election Day should provide plenty of oxygen to the story. At least, I hope so. Sorry, should have been more clear.

3 Likes

The DJI is going back up again.
It’s as if Wall Street doesn’t trust Trump the businessman.

5 Likes

I hope you’re right! The pessimist in me is strong this election cycle.

1 Like

Maybe they just know their neighbor better than we do?

3 Likes

Today’s New York Daily News is appropriately sarcastic.

11 Likes

Reno was responsible for some messed-up stuff in her time but I gotta give her props for how hard she had to work to achieve what she did in life. It can’t be easy going from “daughter of a Danish immigrant and a woman who read offbeat poetry in between wrestling alligators” to “first female Attorney General of the United States.”

4 Likes

I seriously doubt that this has actually had much influence upon the election. The people who were swayed by the email scandal were swayed ages ago. People aren’t going to suddenly change their vote over a vague signal that the investigation might not be over. Of course, it hasn’t helped that the media have been giving attention to this, rather than some new gaffe by Trump, but the race was already tightening before the story broke.

More third party/undecided voters are breaking in Trump’s favor as election day nears, but this doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with email. The fact is that he probably has more stray sheep to call home than she does.

then how do you explain changes in voter polling? while many people have / had already made up their mind – and even voted now – there are obviously people who are still deciding whom to vote for, and whether to go to the polls.

I suspect that there are more disillusioned conservatives in the undecided/third party voter pool than disillusioned liberals. Gary Johnson has had much higher numbers than Jill Stein. Now that election day is finally approaching, they’re losing their nerve and returning to the major parties, and that benefits Trump more than Clinton. I think the most recent news event is probably more correlation than causation.

1 Like

I haven’t trusted the Feebs since the higher-ups started persecuting Mulder back in '93.

2 Likes

It’s kind of sad that this fiasco actually manages to make the FBI in the late-stage X-Files episodes look good by comparison. At least when they were dealing with world-ending conspiracies, they could keep a lid on the leaks!

3 Likes

Wait,

You are telling me that email on a Clinton’s aids computer mostly had duplicate messages they have already seen?

Man, I did NOT see that coming.

I expect the next 100 Clinton investigations will totally find a smoking gun.

4 Likes