FBI fires agent who failed to investigate Larry Nassar

Originally published at: FBI fires agent who failed to investigate Larry Nassar | Boing Boing

7 Likes

The president of U.S.A. Gymnastics discussed the possibility of a top security job at the United States Olympic Committee with an F.B.I. agent investigating the national team doctor on allegations of sexual abuse.

The Olympic committees are just one corrupt cesspool after another, providing appropriate landing spots for slimeballs like the FBI agents discussed here.

21 Likes

The deliberate inaction and omissions in this case are telling and enraging:

19 Likes

So he’s out of a job. Now time for the criminal charges. Tampering with government records and obstruction would be a good start.

16 Likes

Sounds to me like the FBI got this agent to be the scapegoat. I find it hard to believe that this agent was acting like that without knowledge or direction of someone above them.

7 Likes

The IG report is here:

The fired guy was the Indianapolis SSA referred to in that report.

And above him would be SAC W. Jay Abbott who the report also concludes lied about the investigation. He’s the guy who discussed the possibility of a job with the US Gymnastics president.

Which is odd given that it was US Gymnastics president who brought the allegations to the Indianapolis field office in the first place.

Basically the two FBI agents in charge of the investigation in Indianapolis did fuck all about it and claimed they’d handed it on to the relevant FBI office or local authorities. This was a lie.

Abbott retired in 2018.

20 Likes

L0ki doing the important work. A+ mate

7 Likes

Agreed. The entire Olympic Committee should be fired as enablers of abuse.

8 Likes

I disagree. They should be CONVICTED as enablers of abuse!

4 Likes

Why not both?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.