FBI recommended felony counts against Joe Arpaio's cronies

Well on the other hand this might simply lead to more junk mail (though it’d certainly be worth it). Does anyone else get mailed solicitations from Arpaio? I got one to help with his legal defense and another to help with his re-election campaign. (EDIT: Should point out that I don’t live in, or anywhere near, Arizona, much less Maricopa Co. itself.) I can’t figure out how someone decided that sending me these materials would bear any fruit (or it was someone’s idea of a joke). My guess is because I didn’t select any party when I registered to vote, as I also receive occasional GOP solicitations (in a very heavily Democratic area where, again, there aren’t going to be many takers.)

They share lists. Have you ever written to a Republican, maybe to indicate your views on some legislation? I signed up for a Republican-based website for a specific reason a number of years ago – which required a working email address so I gave them a seldom-used one – and then about a year later I started getting emails set to that same address from Boehner. As far as I know the original website is defunct, but I’ve been getting weekly messages from the Orange One ever since.

Interestingly, I used a false name for the website, one that matched the email address, but Boehner’s emails are addressed to my correct name, at that seldom-used email address which has never been attached to my real name anywhere that I know of.

1 Like

It would’ve been at least 12 years ago, when I still lived in TX and Kay Bailey Hutchison and/or Phil Gramm were in the Senate. It’s only been since 2010 that I’ve been receiving these mailings. It might simply be that I aged into (or closer to) the Buick-American demographic, though I don’t like the fact that they’d know about it.

Yeah, when you have a bias toward a place and don’t venture out and explore because of it, that can happen.

What kind of damn desperation would cause a person to suffer that though?

We have. And like anywhere, there was good food and cool places to hang out. But I can’t stand the weather, the horrible drivers and I can’t stand the sprawl. Or the beige everywhere I look. It’s worse in that respect than Southern CA, and that’s saying a lot.

Well, I used to do first line helldesk for Microsoft…

Poverty is a hell of a thing.

You don’t know much about the desert if you think there is only beige. Or the cities in the desert, for that matter.

Sure seemed to me that about 90 percent of the homes in that county were painted a “shade” of beige.
Being in Phoenix to me is like taking the worst sprawl of Orange County flatland and the most backwards thinking people (and the oldest), and then locating the entire thing to the surface of the sun.
I’m sure people like it there for whatever reason (found a pretty cool soul food place on one trip) but I’d sooner move from San Diego to Bakersfield than live there…

You have said yourself you’ve hardly actually been here, so I’m not sure where you’re coming up with “90 percent” but okay.

Your extreme bias is … obvious.

I’ve been 10 times or so, but only to visit. Enough to know I don’t like it.
I’ve been to NYC only a half dozen times or so. Enough times that I know I do like it. Same with Portland and tons of other cities/places.
Only been to Minneapolis once; Louisville, Nashville, only once. Cool places, liked them right away. Phoenix - I don’t like it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.