Joe Arpaio came within an inch of winning GOP primary for Maricopa County Sheriff

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/05/racist-convict-joe-arpaio-with.html

8 Likes

I guess taxpayers aren’t concerned that they have to pick up the legal bills for the stupid ass stunts he pulls on a consistent basis.

34 Likes

A close race, with the deranged right-wing populist yahoo refusing to concede. Somehow I don’t think this is the last time this year we’ll be seeing this happen.

47 Likes

The guy is 88 years old… hopefully this is his last hoorah.

14 Likes

Don’t count on it. Based on personal experience with some members of my extended family, the joke between me and my sister is that narcissism and sociopathy somehow contribute to longevity (another exhibit for the case of “there is no justice in the world”).

26 Likes

Neither God nor Satan want to take care of people like this, that’s why they live long.

22 Likes

There is still a frighteningly large number of cultists who will be out in force in November to give their orange messiah and his enablers another term. Staying home on election day is not a reasonable option.

14 Likes

I had to dig for it, because most news outlets handwaved the results of the Democratic primary just because Penzone ran unopposed. :roll_eyes: According to the county records, he got 335,187 votes (with 47% turnout). You’re right, the tight race to worry about is the one in November.

12 Likes

These are Arizona Republicans. They don’t think of themselves as “taxpayers” as much as people unfairly forced to pay taxes.

25 Likes

Will they though? The last election, nearly 100% of the morbidly obese impeached Russian puppet turned out—and that still resulted in a popular-vote loss! The base can only afford to gain support to approximate that turnout. Not scientific, but have you seen anyone saying, “I didn’t vote for [45] last time… but I definitely will this time!”? I adamantly believe that the election will pivot on the right-wing deciding to stay home.

3 Likes

Maybe the climate helps with preserving him, like dry climate mummies.

8 Likes

The morbidly obese Russian puppet took the primaries to the extent that it was not possible for any kind of challenger to even be considered. I live in an incredibly red state and amuse myself trolling the far right YouTubers. These “Trump or death” clowns are dedicated to their cult and consider it a holy duty to vote.

5 Likes

Remember, that was before Corona.

Especially with Arizona’s still rising rates of infection…

7 Likes

Absolutely fucking disgusting.

8 Likes

No one better encapsulates the modern conservative ideology “the cruelty is the point” better than Sheriff Joe, because his “Tough on Crime” shenanigans neither reduced crime nor saved the county money (quite the opposite in fact).

19 Likes

Could he just, maybe, die soon.

I know, I know, but…
…just maybe this one time.

8 Likes

It’s probable.

No one lives forever, and the pandemic has hit AZ pretty hard…

6 Likes

Well, hopefully the orange shitGibbon will lose in November, and they’ll live (or not) true to their motto…

I could probably actually enjoy living in a USA where science was valued, we demilitarized and de-idolized the police, religion wasn’t accepted as valid in the world of politics, and racism gets it’s ass kicked.

11 Likes

I’m OK with an unpleasant, drawn-out death as long as he loses the ability to speech soon.

8 Likes

Rob, the race hasn’t been called yet. The current count still has Arpaio down by about 500 votes, but they’re still counting and it’s still too close to declare a winner.

2 Likes