FBI Tweets "Protocols of Elders of Zion" w/o context, shitshow ensues

So some fucker in the Federal government just tweeted a classic from “the FBI Records Vault” about the Protocols of the Elders of Zion but without the context (buried deep in the report) that this is a fraudulent document created to spread baseless antisemitic conspiracy theories.

Cue the predictable flood of responses by bigots basically saying see?? WE TOLD YOU SO!!!

Because the Qanon fuckers weren’t bad enough without throwing more gasoline on the fire.

I keep wondering when we’ll reach peak 2020.

17 Likes

Is the FBIRecordsVault a real thing? I mean WTF!?

2 Likes

Trying to cozy up to Il Douche? They had to know what a shitstorm this would unleash. WTF?

8 Likes

It appears to be a legit, verified account. Your tax dollars at work spreading literally the same propaganda that led to the Holocaust.

If it’s a human doing this then a lot of people need to get fired. If it’s a bot doing this then… hell. A lot of people still need to get fired.

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 4.50.41 PM

16 Likes

Do you think the account was compromised or would they have apologized long ago if it were?

Exactly this; thanks for saying it better than I would ^^’.

Please stop asking… :wink:

I doubt it. The need to have quiet parts kind of went out the window in late 2016, it’s just taken some folks longer to catch on than others.

7 Likes

The post has remained up all day. It’s fucking insane. They didn’t even bother posting a follow-up message for clarity.

I’d say “maybe this is just a low-effort way of figuring out who the Nazis are on Twitter” except that it’s not like they were hiding it before.

18 Likes

Yeah they’re using the ol’ Facebook approach.

OK, so it looks like this is what happened:

“FBI Records Vault” routinely Tweets documents the FBI is making public. This report was one of those. But by failing to clearly include the context of the document, a person reading this Tweet and the attached PDF could reasonably be expected to interpret this as FBI intelligence about a sinister Jewish conspiracy instead of an FBI report about an antisemitic hoax.

Still hard to believe that they allowed this to happen and have no apparent intent to mitigate the damage.

19 Likes

9 Likes

They tweeted this an hour ago:

8 Likes

That feels like it’s about a quarter step removed from “sorry if you were offended”.

12 Likes

I’m pretty sure there’s no law that says the FBI has to distribute that kind of shit without context.

It would be one thing if their response was “crap, we didn’t foresee this when we put up our automated Twitter feed, we will delete the post and share the document in a more responsible way” but the “sorry, out of our hands” tone here is just bullshit.

17 Likes

That far?

thumb_dont-blame-me-i-voted-for-giant-meteor-and-id-6326919

4 Likes

I for one welcome our new Jewish overlords.

If they remove Cheetolini from office and prevent anyone like him from ever coming to power again, then the Elders’ plan has my full support.

1 Like

Pretty sure if the Jewish people were really running the planet they wouldn’t keep getting fucked over by people in power throughout most of recorded history.

20 Likes

8 Likes

OTOH, the FBI just added thousands of Twitter users to their domestic terrorism database…

10 Likes