FCC Chairman Pai's former employer, Verizon, lied about coverage, and then Pai tried to bury the news

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/04/form-477.html

5 Likes

Once someone allows themselves to be bought, I suppose it’s good form to remain bought. It shows some form of integrity.

15 Likes

Makes me miss that 10 lb. avocado green monstrosity in my childhood home, I’m speaking of the Ma Bell / AT&T telephone of yore…

tumblr_pdu7t4nfNF1wxnfn4o1_540

3 Likes

Even Reek thinks Pai is pathetic.

6 Likes

Thank dog.

4 Likes

To rephrase that, “stupid has a home in reich winger thinking”, oh yeah.

5 Likes

You mean phone service was better when it was tightly regulated and required all profit beyond a certain fixed amount to be reinvested either in better telecommunications technology or improvements to infrastructure? :open_mouth:

It’s almost as if the maximization of profit requires the minimization of silly things like infrastructure and future investments.

12 Likes

So when I get pulled over for speeding, I’ll just get an “enforcement advisory,” right?

No, of course not, citizens must obey the law. Corporations can simply ignore the law anytime they want. It’s clearly written that way in the Constitution I’m sure.

4 Likes

You can’t spell “Pathetic” without “Pai”.

4 Likes

At my own home which is by no means a concrete bunker, in decidedly urban Los Angeles, my Verizon coverage fucking sucks. They’ll fix it if I spend another $250 for a home signal amplifier. At least my phone doesn’t have a bogus “5Ge” display a la AT&T.

How’s about a label for every time Pai does us such disservice: “Ajitprop.”

1 Like

Are you perhaps confusing integrity with consistency?

/s

Selective Reinforcement is GOP alchemy: no one really knows what’s what

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.