FCC won't take action over Stephen Colbert's Trump-Putin joke that led to #Firecolbert complaints

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/23/fcc-wont-punish-stephen-colb.html

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, were there any actual LGBT advocacy organizations registering this complaint or was it a bunch of Trump supporters who suddenly realized how important it was not to offend gay people?

16 Likes

Also, what’s gay about sucking cock? The sucker ain’t enjoying it.

2 Likes

Closer, I think.

1 Like

But you’re all missing the point: a naughty word! He said a naughty word! I am literally clutching my pearls, except not literally. It is vitally important we all act outraged, especially if we disagree politically, which of course has no relevance to our pearl-clutching, except when it does, such as always.

2 Likes

I wondered the same. On a side note, a hockey player was just fined $10,000 for calling a ref a cocksucker. Maybe he should have called him a cock holster instead.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nhl/2017/5/20/15670012/ryan-getzlaf-anaheim-ducks-fined-for-homophobic-slur-against-referee-in-predators-game-4

But that hockey player was fined by his own organization (the NHL), so that’s more analogous to “CBS penalizes Colbert for violating a decency clause in his contract” than “FCC penalizes Colbert/CBS for offensive comment.”

Yes, I’d like to talk to you about Net Neutrality and … hello? hello?

5 Likes

Good point!

I bet most of the complaints come from the supporter’s, of the Orange Smurf, who is happy to “grab um by the pussy”.

2 Likes

I think you speak for yourself there. From what people who do that sort of thing have told me.

2 Likes

Also, he might not have been fined if his hand was in front of his mouth and all he said was “Beep!”

That’s because you – as the suckee – are being uncomfortably aggressive. Be gentle. Allow the sucker to take over and work their hopefully mutual magic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.