Feast your eyes on these gargantuan culinary creations that cost up to a whopping $1600

Originally published at: Feast your eyes on these gargantuan culinary creations that cost up to a whopping $1600 | Boing Boing

That’s not a bloody mary, that’s just a really expensive meal! :laughing:

10 Likes

More like a Family Meal Deal!

christmas essen GIF by E-Team

2 Likes

This is the point at which you lost me.

…and then you went and got sillier still…
:nauseated_face: :grinning:

7 Likes

At some point this went from sounding silly to sounding absolutely delicious

1 Like

Word.

I know it’s been a long time since I tended bar, but the last time I checked, one drinks a Bloody Mary (the celery stalk is supposed to be ‘garnish’, not a whole ass meal.)

:smile:

12 Likes

Wait until you try their Bloody Caesar with lampreys, dormice, and garum vodka.

4 Likes

Right?
But with a Bloody Mary (or 4) on the side.

It kind of grossed me out to see the half shells from the oysters resting atop the drinks. Cool presentation, but I don’t recall ever having an oyster on the half shell and not ending up with some kind of grit on my fingers from the shell…

3 Likes

Those are fucking grotesque.

A bloody mary is a bloody mary, a fairly simple drink without excessive frills. If you want to eat a seafood dish or something with it, great, go for it! But don’t pile it all up as “garnishes” on a damn jug of drink.

5 Likes

Their approach to hashtags matches well with their approach to menu building.

5 Likes

bloody-mary-cocktail

5 Likes

A family meal masquerading as a cocktail. Overpriced but still a bargain compared to that goofy drink they were selling at the Galactic Starcruiser over in Orlando. on the Disney Star Wars cruise.

2 Likes

Hell, I can get a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster for less than that.

3 Likes

The biggest part of the cost of the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster is covering the subsequent therapy and rehab.

4 Likes

Too many hashtags for my taste

1 Like

Selling a whole elaborate meal as a drink? Just throw everything into a Bassomatic and be done with it.

5 Likes

What gets me is the fact that none of it winds up anywhere near what it’s supposed to be.

Some cold drinks? Sure, just let me pile all this crap in there for the next 10 minutes.

Wand some fresh fried shrimp? Hope you don’t mind if it turns room temp… along with the steamed lobster, the now not so melty grilled cheese, the crab legs, the medium warmed bits of other foods…

Oh, and hope you don’t mind, the ice has now melted and your drinks are all watered down now too

What a monumental trophy to mediocre overconsumption with a dumb price tag for the seal of the deal.

5 Likes

What’s more, the staff all know this is ridiculous bullshit and feel nothing but contempt for the people who order it. And those poor souls feel compelled to finish the damn thing because of how much they paid for it. Now I curious as to how many of these obscenities have actually been sold.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.