Feedback on Discourse badges and BBS specific badges

Jeez! That’s all you need: naming your lounge after some guy who isn’t even a Regular! Y’all are way too nice to me, but between this and the birthday greetings last month, I feel like I’m gonna deserve to be beaten up in the playground as a teacher’s pet or something. :wink:

'Sides, Pat Race runs better games, funruly makes better arguments, Brainspore cracks better jokes, davide405 is more compassionate, IronEdithKidd and gwwar and chgoliz and Mindysan33 and Cowicide and AcerPlatanoides and all of the above are far smarter and better-informed than I am. I’m just the guy who invented the SHITGO waste reclamation and fuel refining system. Patent pending.

If you’re gonna name the Lounge after someone, I vote for…

BRAINSPORTS.

3 Likes

I’ve since dropped out because meat-space activity has increased. Last time I was permitted to look around, I still didn’t see anything untoward. Regulars are a pretty civil bunch.

1 Like

We said it would be nice to honor you; we didn’t say it would be nice to always have you hanging around.

4 Likes

Oh, that Donald.

I thought…

8 Likes

I just got a badge for reading 100 comments in a single thread. Please god someone save me.

3 Likes

I’m sure that put a smile on Donald’s face

1 Like

7 Likes

Fellow unlabeled-level human here!

Just to mention, months later, I got curious about the ‘regular’ thing and found myself in a similar situation and super agreeing with most of what you said. How similar? No idea. Is there a way to see my 100-day score to gamify all the things? Hmm, asking for a friend. With more time in his hands than me.

Heck, 25 percent of everything is a lot of percents to commit to. That unfathomable ‘questions’ thread alone is up to 6660 replies as of right now. :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

I’ve probably written more than that in the questions thread. :anguished:

7 Likes

It jumps between a month and a year but… kinda :wink:

http://bbs.boingboing.net/users?order=posts_read&period=yearly
1 Like

That’s sort of fun, in a pointless ‘arcade top scores’ kind of way.

Huh, seems like all I needed to be fully regularized was the mental fortitude to endure the monster thread all the way to the end. Yay me? I don’t suddenly feel more elite, sadly.

5 Likes

I think there’s an option to turn that on in preferences. :smile:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Me, too, as evidenced by OtherMicheal’s screen grab. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 957 days. New replies are no longer allowed.