Feedback on the new category column appearance

I scan colors quicker. Taking away the full color bar is much, much slower to parse for me.

5 Likes

Honestly, I donā€™t really give a rats ass about the categories. Iā€™d happily dump the idea entirely. I read what sounds interesting, and whatā€™s generating discussion.

1 Like

How about

9 Likes

Categories work for me. I like being able to quickly visually sort the BB editorial content from user generated topics.

I prefer the solid full color bars for quick scanning. ,(Iā€™m just not seeing the problem with them.) If those are not to be I prefer the bars that have the saturated color column and shade of the color over the one that have the white.

That works better for me.

100% the way to go.

I think the video thumbnails need to be circles too, otherwise why do circles for the stills?

Much better. The current flag of color looks less like a conscious design choice and more like the page has failed to load an element properly, but the shadow of color behind the word solves that nicely.

2 Likes

That looks good to me,

Iā€™m no designer, but could a potential solution be to do away with the box things and colour the text insteadā€¦? Or has that already been tried and binnedā€¦?

Text on a coloured backgroundā€¦?

And if any HAVE to be grey (I donā€™t like grey, but thatā€™s just personal) they donā€™t stand out too well on a black background.

Looks a bit like a clone whig.

this threadā€™s about the BBS category flag color thingies, not the circular thumbs on the homepage of BB today (just testinā€™)

Anything ever come of this?

Itā€™s configurable by site admins @beschizza can revert to old style or style it differently if he wished , I use squares in my design which is my personal fav

We can try squares here. Since we circled everyoneā€™s avatars ā€“ letā€™s add some karmic justice and switch from category bar to category squares (technically square bullets).

let the complaints begin

1 Like

None here. The Red Square for the ā€œboingā€ category is entirely appropriate for all us Cultural Marxists.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 755 days. New replies are no longer allowed.