Anyone want to allege any benefits?

Ok, that was odd.

Did I miss it?

I know things happen fast.

1 Like

Me too? What was different, youse all?

lateowl

11 Likes

When I loaded up the site, it was different. It reverted back to normal within a few minutes. Some kind of test, I suppose.

2 Likes

It had less info readily available. Fewer stats about the threads. Also, the Controls at the top of the page were not as easily accessible.

1 Like

Weird… I wonder if it was just a glitch for you or as you speculate, a test?

1 Like

Sounds too major to be just a failure loading/applying the stylesheet? “Flash of unstyled content”?

If there’s a complete and blanket denial that anything’s going on and we should just go about our business, I’m calling cover-up. /s

1 Like

It seemed to organized to be a glitch. It was more like an alternate interface. Of course, the loading of this alternate interface could have been a glitch, true.

1 Like

I genuinely have no idea what you’re referring to. Perhaps you got the mobile stylesheet when on desktop of vice-versa?

No testing going on that I’m aware of.

8 Likes

It could have been the wrong style sheet.

1 Like

Yeah, it does that from time to time

1 Like

But the mobile site isn’t much different than regular imho compared to most sites.

Maybe OP has some extension interfering? Sometime sites behave oddly til I get noscript tweaked.

1 Like

Oops, I did it again.

On refresh, it fixed itself.

2 Likes

Yeah, that looks like mobile on widescreen mode.

7 Likes

Hey, that’s me in the corner! That’s me in the spotlight!

(Lost my religion a long time ago though.)

8 Likes

Dueling ear worms?

3 Likes

The next viral mashup. :smile:

Assuming people still make those. . .

4 Likes

I hope this is on topic, but how might I get rid of that horribly annoying “Top Stories” window that insists on getting in my way on the front page? I keep closing it and it keeps coming back.

I was just searching for any topics discussing the “Top Stories” box. The way it flashes is really distracting when reading. Might as well just be a blink tag that says “Fuck you”.

1 Like