Felicia Day's memoir: "You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)"

[Permalink]

2 Likes

It’s nice to be reminded that despite all the dark crapstorm of our unrelenting bad news cycle, it’s also the most fruitful time in history for people whose interests are broader than could be captured in a 1980’s beer commercial.

I may have to binge-watch The Guild again.

4 Likes

I really don’t get the advertising cycle anymore. This book is coming out some time in 2015. No date. Why should I care now? Who even pre-orders anymore? Digital never runs out of stock. Unless there’s a pre-order gift. Then maybe…

Perhaps it’s because I have worked in both a library and a book store, it would strike me as bizarre if a book dropped without publication announcements and promotion leading up to it. That would be a fast trip to the remaindered tables.

6-12 months out is standard. For example, an audiobook of Corey’s Rapture of the Nerds (with Charles Stross) is coming out April 7, 2015.

Felicia’s book being released on August 11, 2015.

1 Like

People say I am weird online and offline!

in the YT announcement comments section i asked whether her stealth fiance’ would have a chapter in the upcoming memoir. predictably the question was deleted by Ms Day / aides. which no doubt means that NO, their life together will remain behind the veil. ah well.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.