Fellow has bad luck trying to stop his car from being towed

I just don’t know what to think now.

I felt like I finally understood “Gentleman” when used in a BoingBoing headline, as in Texas gentleman shot by bullet that ricocheted off armadillo, I really felt I was getting all the subtle implications and insinuations, and I felt a certain enlightened boost to my ego about being one of those in the know. “Ah ha, a ‘gentleman’…” says I, when reading one of those headlines.

But “Fellow” has completely thrown me. Can I be haughty over him? Is he my peer? Am I supposed to emulate him? I just don’t know!

3 Likes

This one was pretty epic.

1 Like

I wonder what the guy expected the endgame to be. Even if he’s stronger, the towtruck is still attached?

I’m guessing he thought he would luck out and not be attached, like the guy in the video in this previous post.

Ahh, this is probably the one I was thinking of. The original video is gone, though, but nothing ever truly dies.

1 Like

Just wait till you see THIS video! You won’t BELIEVE what happens next!!! [hint: this Canadian tow truck driver] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdvoaoWX0R0

Incredible.

I’m guessing that the guy in the previous video saw this and thought he’d try it.

1 Like

Y’know, there are a lot of videos of people trying to drive their way out of this situation. The first page of Google video results are all unique examples of this.

One of the comments on the main video referred to a repo guy who claimed that the people who tend to react like this are often pretty normal middle-class people rather than criminals; this is the moment when the illusion of having control over their life falls apart. I haven’t found the source, but it’s an interesting idea.

1 Like

Apologies, I didn’t see your post but I managed to link to the same video with pretty much the same pre-amble. You beat me to it by like 18 hours.

Friday is not the day for life to come up and say “Sam you’re not special, just stop it.” Friday should be about “I’m so excited, and I just can’t hide it. I’m about to lose control and I think I like it.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.