Fellow plays a tiny drum kit

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/17/fellow-plays-a-tiny-drum-kit.html

4 Likes

That’s a hell of a step up from plastic buckets, from a busker point-of-view.

5 Likes

If you think this is great, wait until it breaks, and he plays his tiny violin.

18 Likes

ba-dum, tsssch

17 Likes

Even the natural reverb of a concrete hallway can’t make it sound huge.

2 Likes

Oooh. I know someone this would be perfect for!

Does it come in orange?

6 Likes

The beads substituting for a snare were an interesting choice.

1 Like

The first number he played sounded like Stewart Copeland-type stuff.

2 Likes

SLOPPY JOURNALISM, MARK! THAT IS CLEARLY A GIANT MAN! :disappointed:

11 Likes

I thought so too. A real “Regatta De Blanc” vibe.

The guy is a puppeteer-drummer, whose puppet you can see below playing Rush’s “Tom Sawyer” on soup cans.

This new kit is definitely a step up.

3 Likes

Kitten wears a tiny hat:

1 Like

Reminds me of the first two minutes of this. Ordinary drums, but they sound tiny.

2 Likes

The full-sized pedals+linkages kind of ruined it for me.

Okay, big-drum chaser for the the tiny-drum haters:

7 Likes

Psh. Mine is bigger.

cries self to sleep

3 Likes

That guy has really small hands.

4 Likes

Thanks for the post - it reminded me to check out some of the Kodo drummers vids on YouTube.
Saw them at this years Earth Celebration, in their own ‘village hall’ - 11 guys & 1 girl having an absolute blast, they just can’t stop smiling while they play:

(photos during the performance not allowed, plus I was too busy watching). It was a joint concert with a Vietnamese troupe called Bac Ha, and the last 20 minutes was all of them together on stage - simply amazing.

Also took a Taiko lesson from one of their master players, he’s come up with a combination of Taiko and exercise called ‘Exadon’:

An absolute blast! And yes, I’m the sweaty English dude on the right in case anyone is wondering. Highly recommended if anyone gets to go, and Sado Island is beautiful.

2 Likes

Wow. YouTube kept recommending his videos. Here’s an amazing one of his puppet “Chopsy” playing “Overture/Temples of Syrinx” from 2112:

And here’s another one of his newly-built drumkit, with him playing “Limelight” without the puppet:

I am now a big, big fan. If nothing else, he’s about the most precise drummer I’ve ever seen.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.