Felony-free versions of children's books for Florida

Originally published at: Felony-free versions of children's books for Florida | Boing Boing

16 Likes

Or other popular titles such as:

Ladapo, Everyone’s Favorite Witch Doctor or Q-Bear Adventures With JFK Vol One

11 Likes

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

13 Likes

other titles in the collection include A is for assimilate and Oh, the places we’ll keep you from going

21 Likes

Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad BLM

16 Likes

The Jolly Privatized Postman

8 Likes

I wonder if they will ban science books that teach about transparent optical components with flat surfaces that refract light.

14 Likes

casting rainbows with such a device is sorcery and will get you the chair! (not the comfy one, either)

13 Likes

How about the Governor DeSantis version of the Bible to replace the King James version? It cuts out all the nonsense Jesus said about “loving thy neighbor” and other “good behavior”, replacing those passages with praise for guns and gun owners. It also makes it clear that Jesus was as white as the sheets DeSantis and his “friends” use for their “social club” meeting costume robes and hoods.

I intended this as /s but sadly I realize there are some who would take this as a good idea.

10 Likes

If you can find any books, I note that today is

World Read Aloud Day

10 Likes

I don’t recognize any of the books he satirized. Been a long time since I read children’s lit. Are Dr. Seuss books still allowed? They turned me on to reading.

1 Like

I think he will start out by bringing back the version of the Bible that doesn’t include Exodus.

10 Likes

… just the racist ones

8 Likes

They are, but that’s hardly the point. The point is we should be highly alarmed at people banning books, especially books that talk about the lives of marginalized people.

7 Likes

The irony here is that a very good case could be made for at least two of those as being legitimately problematic.

Oh, that was a thing.

3 Likes

But let’s not forget that it was the publisher/estate making a decision to take a book that had racist content out of circulate (no new editions being printed) and the GOP had a meltdown and blamed the “woke mob”… Not remotely the same thing as what is happening with regards to the current wave of ACTUAL book banning.

15 Likes

Frog and Toad are Friends (1970)
The Snowy Day (1962)
The Rainbow Fish (1992)
Harry the Dirty Dog (1956)
The Giving Tree (1964)
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? (1967)

8 Likes
12 Likes

[Tiny Banned Book Library link removed, because some of the books may be pirated]

Maybe this can be modified though

8 Likes

6 Likes