After losing "woke" war, Ron DeSantis now wants to fine the same book-banners he whipped up (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/15/after-losing-woke-war-ron-desantis-now-wants-to-fine-the-same-book-banners-he-whipped-up-video.html

10 Likes

By gum, he’s finally done it.

He’s found a way to alienate the very last human beings who actually still supported him.

34 Likes

Can’t wait until I never have to hear about this creepy dipshit ever again.

34 Likes

OK. For that one I’ve just got to ask “Why?” Were they worried it might make children try to hug a lion? Is it a subversive parody about christians being thrown to hungry lions? Mind boggling here.

2 Likes
9 Likes

Thank you. It never occurred to me that the book was a true story.

2 Likes

Q: Why did they name the Lion “Christian”?
A: As the old saying goes, “you are what you eat.”

17 Likes

The Wiki doesn’t say anything about the nature of the friendship between Christian’s two human friends, and it’s none of my business either, but imagination is enough to motivate the book-burners.

4 Likes

“He’s not a tame lion!”

(Good thing Aslan will never eat my face.)

4 Likes

first reunion 1971 (soft trigger warning; its a LION hugging humans)

he is so happy…

e/ full docu;

13 Likes

Childless people don’t have the right to access their government?

7 Likes

Hmm, although I agree with the sentiment of people with no stake in the school system not being allowed to lodge 100s of book complaints, disallowing their participation sure does sound like grounds for a lawsuit.

7 Likes

Everyone has a stake in the school system. And in everything government does.

6 Likes

Sadly folks in Fla are stuck with one for a while.
gove_is_idiot

7 Likes

Good point. This is yet another shitty law, adding to the republicans’ slapdash form of governance.
If there’s a problem with “bad faith” actors lodging hundreds of book complaints and that’s a burden on the school, it shouldn’t matter if the offenders have kids in the school or not. If the process needs to change or have a fee, that should apply to everyone.

8 Likes

The concept of irony will be lost on DeSantis, because…

10 Likes

How I Met Your Mother Sitcom GIF by Laff

5 Likes

Meanwhile, the damage has already been done.

9 Likes

He’s term limited so after he finishes his remaining few years he’ll not be governor…but he plans to run for Congress and everyone’s favorite underage sex trafficer has been short listed as the planned replacement for the GOP.

4 Likes

everyone’s favorite underage sex trafficer has been short listed as the planned replacement for the GOP

(yeah, the link qualifies, but there’s enough even just in Florida)

13 Likes