Ron DeSantis' announces Stop Woke Act that allows Florida parents to sue if systemic racism is taught

Originally published at: Ron DeSantis' announces Stop Woke Act that allows Florida parents to sue if systemic racism is taught | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Home school your fucking kids yourself, if you don’t want them to be taught reality.

FFS.

67 Likes

So basically the “Never Mind All That” Act.

never-mind-all-that

29 Likes

Damn… fascists really hate that first amendment.

64 Likes

Silly, the first amendment is for protecting fascist speech, not reality.

47 Likes

download-1

31 Likes

May the ghost of bell hooks haunt this destructive white whiner. Every single night.

hooks

48 Likes

So… the idea is to do to Florida teachers what Texas’ law did to abortion providers? Drive them completely out of the state? Sounds about right.

32 Likes

Let me guess, “tort reform” is also somehow still on the docket for these clowns.

29 Likes

images

13 Likes

I am reminded of a Scary Movie quote.

“Is this regarding that which we do not speak of?”

“If we do not speak of it why are we discussing it now?”

9 Likes

The race for everyone to be able to sue everyone for anything is on.

Most people see the through the Newsom response as a performative dark mirror being held up to the right.

10 Likes

Politician virtue signaling from a bygone age

20 Likes

I have that laminated, it’s around here somewhere…

4 Likes

“… if systemic racism is taught…”
If we don’t teach systemic racism how can we keep systemic racism
is that what is meant?
Or
If we teach that systemic racism existed and may still exist we’ll be sued?

3 Likes

Kind of. That’s just a side-effect, though. The real idea behind it is to further cripple public education - so as to prove how bad public education is - so they can grift the money from charters.

16 Likes

Sad news about Bell Hooks, she is a light in these crazy days will live in. I engraved for my Dear Wife her words “Knowing how to be solitary is central to the art of loving", we often talk of our time when we were not together, and how this gave her hope in her time of solitude. Rest in power good lady, you left this world a better place for us all.

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 11.29.50 AM

28 Likes

How are they going to ban CRT when they don’t even know what it is?

Seems like wording of this legislation will have to tip their hands and they’ll have to define it to ban it.

Or, I suppose, they can just do more of the nonsense they are doing and just say “Critical Race Theory” without defining it at all, and let people sue over what ever they feel like.

Christ, what a bunch of racist, authoritarian a**holes.

30 Likes

-Pinches bridge of nose.-

These fucking idiots.

9 Likes
29 Likes