Ferguson

Surplus.

Looking closely at the photo…

10 Likes

This really must annoy the wingnuts who are trying to push the idea of a War on White People, and that white people in America are suffering the equivalent of the Holocaust and slavery, and that they need to stockpile weapons for the day they’ll go on a killing spree. These are the folks that are absolutely convinced the residents of New Orleans were shooting at Coast Guard helicopters after Katrina and that Trayvon Martin was eight feet tall and had laser beam eyes. These weekly videos of the cops killing unarmed black people are screwing with their narrative of white victimization.

(That NOLA helicopter thing? Yeah that’s been totally scrubbed from the web after those stories were proven to be a hoax. And the coroner said Trayvon Martin weighed 158 lbs)

6 Likes

No, it really doesn’t because they think these kids “deserve it” because they are “thugs”… because they buy the thug narrative that Fox News, and frankly, most of the media pushes. I like to point out the oscar that Denzel Washington got… it wasn’t for his awesome performance as Malcolm X, was it. Not, it was as a “gangsta/thug/corrupt cop” figure. It codified for much of white America what they think black people are “reallly like”. These images of protesters, they don’t see people angered by decades/centuries of brutality at the hands of the white establishment or pissed because an innocent kid got shot for no reason… they see black “thugs” who are ungrateful that they are living in “the greatest country god ever gave the world”, as that smug asshole Sean Hannity put it. These images and events don’t annoy the wingnuts, because they see heroic cops, saving white america (the real america, in their mind) from a threat.

10 Likes

August rather than July of course. I was about to post the original Gordon Lightfoot version, but the one I watched had a picture of a dead kid. I didn’t see any bodies in this one.

1 Like

Some of those same people were around to cheer when protesters were killed at Kent State and thought Lt. Calley did the right thing in My Lai. They can’t get over that the cops did not kill everyone at OWS, and they bought extra guns because they think OWS is going to come to rural Kansas and cut their throats, no doubt to clear the way for Sharia law under the Muslim Obama.

We have not seen what white supremacist hoaxes are probably already floating around and which people will repeat endlessly for decades to come.

Today I saw people repeating the white supremacist Trayvon Martin conspircay theory that Trayvon was a huge scary “thug,” debunked by Snopes here

2 Likes

overheated rhetoric is overheated

No

Or still just going totally over your heads?

No, I get what you are upset about, I just do not agree at all that your point is valid or your blame and outrage is placed appropriately and productively.

This crap literally gets Black men killed in this country.

Since the projection (literally) happened in another country, I just don’t get it, or why you brought it up, or what your aim was other than to vent about your pet issue which is basically totally unrelated. IMHO.

1 Like

How so? If there wasn’t a bunch of people being put down violently there wouldn’t be a violent counter-reaction to show incessantly on the news in order to scare all the white people.

The GOP intervened to prevent DOJ from scrutinizing people like this so their base can spend more time being permanently traumatized by black people.

White supremacist sentenced for carjacking deaths

PORTLAND, ORE. — White supremacist David "Joey Pedersen offered no apology for a multi-state crime spree that left four dead, using his statement at Monday’s sentencing to blast police, prosecutors and American foreign policy in a harangue briefly interrupted by a sister who yelled at him to “shut up.”

Pedersen said he couldn’t sit idle while “Western identity is being destroyed by other cultures,” and he regretted that police intervened before he did more damage.

“I offer no excuses because none are needed,” he said.

Pedersen, 34, and his girlfriend, Holly Grigsby, went on the rampage during nine days in 2011 as part of a campaign to purify and preserve the white race. Grigsby was sentenced to life in prison last month.

Pedersen and Grigsby began their killing spree on Sept. 26, 2011, with the deaths of his father and stepmother, David “Red” Pedersen and Leslie Pedersen. The couple then drove Red Pedersen’s vehicle south into Oregon, where they shot and killed 19-year-old Cody Myers and stole his car.

They shot Myers, who was Christian, because his name sounded Jewish, according to court documents.

Pedersen and Grigsby then headed to Northern California, where Reginald Clark, a 53-year-old black man, was shot to death.

Grigsby and Pedersen were arrested Oct. 5, 2011, outside Yuba City, California, when a police officer spotted them in Myers’ car. Grigsby told officers they were on their way to Sacramento to “kill more Jews,'” court documents said.
http://www.wral.com/white-supremacist-sentenced-for-carjacking-deaths/13865661/#0xAAeH7IalEGO1sf.99

2 Likes

In rather the same way that nudists are also terrorists?

2 Likes

A friend of mine managed a municipality like that and they had a black officer who could pretty much shoot other blacks with impunity, and literally everyone knew it. They had other black officers, but he was the stone cold killer. He definitely killed people, and probably did not report all his kills It was the “straw boss” model of enforcement.

However, this MO police department has only three black cops and if it was one of them, his name would probably already be known.

2 Likes

From what I have seen, they certainly are. Fainting couches, however, not so much.

You’d like to have a serious look at the property crime in Ferguson then? I guess that’s where the real scandal is. Theft. So much worse than murder.

6 Likes

Ooops they did it again! Cops shoot and kill another hostage in LA. Which department shot the hostage two months ago?

Apparently this is the same department that killed the hostage that was a production assistant on Tosh.0

It was the second time in four months that a Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputy mistook a victim for a suspect, both with tragic results. In the April incident in West Hollywood, a TV production assistant was hit in the chest when three deputies fired on him as he and another hostage rushed out of an apartment unit where they were being held. A second hostage was shot in the leg but survived.

2 Likes

if they circle the wagons and point guns to intimidate protesters, then i would say, they probably all are.

1 Like

[quote=“AcerPlatanoides, post:74, topic:38899”]
your pet issue
[/quote]Racism and Black kids being murdered because of it is not a “pet issue”.

The amount of just blatant racism being spewed by supposed liberals and libertarians around here is just depressing as hell. You people suck.

2 Likes

Haven’t read the entire thread. I picked up on the energy you write with.

You’ve got a bright bunch of activisty people as an audience here. I appreciate your taking offence, I’d suggest you seek alternative methods to get them onside, which would I imagine help you in your cause.

‘You people suck’ isn’t going to run well.

3 Likes
  1. Post about how black protesters are all thugs
  2. Have two people point out that the people you are talking about did nothing illegal at all
  3. Wait until someone else responds arguing with you without pointing out that you are just factually wrong
  4. Respond to that person

On another note: I find the protest chant of “Don’t Shoot!” to be a little chilling. Yeah, that’s what these protesters are asking for - not to be shot. Care to make any other outrageous demands like not being beaten?

8 Likes

Acer went out of their way to criticize Gideon’s view. It was unnecessary.

Nobody should ever take statements that are honest reactions from a person’s experience of racism and the status quo, sexism, whatever - and just dismiss them out of hand.

If I could figure how to multi quote folks i would, cause this has more to do with Acer than you, but basically we all do suck if we arent calling things out like that when it deserves it.

3 Likes