Fighter pilot mysteriously ejected yesterday above South Carolina and the Navy can't find the plane

Originally published at: Fighter pilot mysteriously ejected yesterday above South Carolina and the Navy can't find the plane | Boing Boing

2 Likes

19 Likes

It’s all that wokeness.

4 Likes

Reboing.

6 Likes

I see BoBo was humbled for all of about 48 hours before returning to her insufferable self.

As for who is running a competent military, maybe she should go have a word with Tommy…

10 Likes

4 Likes

It’s got to be tough to have to walk all the way back to base knowing that once you get there you’ll be facing a bunch of tough questions about what happened to the jet you left with.

11 Likes

I don’t know how these two idiots and their idiot GOP co-conspirators don’t constantly have black eyes from all the jerking knees.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Bard relays: The F-35B costs $135.8 million per unit, including ancillary costs like maintenance, ground support equipment, and spare parts. The cost per flight hour for all F-35s was $41,986 in 2020

So, maybe, stick an AirTag on it?

5 Likes

Tuberville is blocking unanimous consent to pass bulk promotions. He is not blocking doing it one by one the traditional way. The Democrats really should call him in on it and stay in session for endless hours, but they lack enough spine and think they can use it as a wedge issue.

9 Likes

So I guess the collective noun here is “a bundle of buttheads.”

Maybe it’s all a ploy to gin up the recent buzz about aliens? :thinking:

1 Like

It’s a stealth fighter. It doesn’t have transponder for a REASON.

Your tax dollars in a field somewhere.

While they might want to be radio-silent on outgoing strike missions, I think they’d want some kind identification friend or foe system on the way back into friendly air defense zones.

Also command will probably want to have some idea of where their aircraft are and status. A tricky balance. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes
1 Like

I dunno if you’re joking or not, but F-35s have transponders. This one apparently wasn’t working at this time (or perhaps just not on.)

Yeah, I Found that out. And , weirdly, transponders are usually on in F-35s even in hot zones. That sounds counter intuitive but I suppose if the radar system doesn’t contact the aircraft, having a transponder ping isn’t really helpful.

They need it to travel through airspace in peacetime.