Finally, the trailer to Judy Blume's "Are You There God? It's Me Margaret" (video)

Originally published at: Finally, the trailer to Judy Blume's "Are You There God? It's Me Margaret" (video) | Boing Boing

1 Like

Obligatory…

“Margaret bored, counting hats in the syngogue…”

3 Likes

I’m sure there was some discussion about whether or not to make an adaptation set in contemporary times but I think they made the right decision to keep it a period drama.

10 Likes

Last thing we need to a bunch of Judy Blume girls rioting over an inaccurate film! :grimacing: :smile:

5 Likes

I’m … not sure … that ISWYDT.

Seriously, I agree about the 1970s setting being the right choice. They’re going to get OG (i.e. old) Judy Blume fans like me as well as young people.

I count Judy Blume alongside Sesame Street and Fred Rogers and “Free to Be You and Me” and “Where Did I Come From” amongst the many cultural treasures bestowed on GenX and later generations. Her books made those who read them better and more empathetic humans.

9 Likes

wink

5 Likes

Paul Bearer Sport GIF by WWE

6 Likes

Her name is Kelly Fremon Craig.

4 Likes
2 Likes

That was lovely; thanks for sharing. Is that Neil Gaiman propping up a stack of books?

Ah, I guess is it Neil Gaiman Palmer :heart_eyes: Thank you, Wikipedia.

2 Likes

Not anymore… they’ve split apparently… :cry:

But yeah, it was him in the video! A wild Gaiman appears!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.