Find out why Ted Cruz skipping town during a major crisis was "a massive screw up"

Flashback to:

4 Likes

Instead, Cruz will probably say he was going down to Mexico for reconnaissance in order to annex it so there will be free beaches for all Texans. And his idiot voters will continue to vote for him.

4 Likes

Ted has responded by saying he only went to Cancun because his teenaged daughters wanted to go.

IOW, two more family members Ted has thrown under the bus.

13 Likes

The wife’s so used to it now it looks like she’s throwing herself under the bus here. His daughters are getting a good lesson in what a sniveling coward he is.

No matter how many times it’s explained to me, the idea that anyone would voluntarily spend time with this greasy, sweaty Joe McCarthy clone let alone vote for him to look after their interests will be a mystery to me.

14 Likes

Did somebody flag a sub thread into oblivion? I had replied to a guy suggesting that we all “sit down and shut the fuck up.” Now that reply and a few additional replies to his rather pitiful attempt at defending Ted Cruz are all missing. I don’t mind getting flagged, but I get bothered when part of a discourse vanishes into the ether.

7 Likes

It’s pretty standard that replies to a removed post are removed as a by-product. There are occasional exceptions, but it’s not the rule. The reason is that replies end up without context more often than not.

16 Likes

Yeah, I get that, but why does it have to be that there’s no evidence that I ever even posted? It’s not in my history, and I put a little bit of effort into it.

No big deal, it’s just weird to Have a thought vanish entirely and make you really wonder if you actually did something.

7 Likes

Australia’s Prime Minister was on a family holiday in Hawaii while the country was burning. 12 months on he’s leading 57-29 as preferred Prime Minister. I really don’t think this is going to be too big of a deal for Cruz’s career.

12 Likes

Ted has rigged his elections so throughly that this won’t matter to him. He’s like Lindsey and Mitch, who also have approval #’s in the teens yet magically win election handily every time.

11 Likes

The benefits of running for office in a state fully engineered for permanent Republican rule…

4 Likes

If you go to this link:

You’ll see a “Download All” button on the left side. Pressing it will eventually deliver you a ZIP file with your entire comment history, including comments lost as collateral damage.

12 Likes

It amazes me that O’Rouke is known for anything other than being “the guy who couldn’t even beat Ted Cruz.” The fact that he could parley that into even a far-fetched presidential run is remarkable.

Tell me about it! I’ve even had Good Replies go “poof!” when the post they were replying to was removed. But it comes with the territory. Beware the post you reply to, and if you come up with something really good, as @gracchus points out, you can at least recover the writing.

6 Likes

It’s alright, Scotty from Marketing has found another crisis to completely fuck up, to remind people of his complete inability to even act like a reasonable human being

5 Likes

I sure hope that this motivates Texas to kick out the GQP…

But I’m not counting on it.

5 Likes

“In Ted’s reelection, this is going to be the central issue. This guy would rather vacation in Mexico when people are dying than be there to manage the response.”

Presumably this is why he was elected in the first place. If Republicans were elected based on actually being effective, compassionate and responsible leaders, there wouldn’t be a single Republican remaining in power. They’re elected for their cruelty to minorities, political opponents, women and the poor. As long as that goal is being achieved, voters will be happy to overlook a few white conservative men who ended up as collateral damage. Punishing the unworthy is always priority number one.

6 Likes

It’s simply a question of leadership. When there is a crisis in an area that you oversee, even if you aren’t able to turn wrenches and dethaw frozen pipes, even if you don’t need to be handing out blankets or water bottles, you still need to be there. You need to be there to provide political and experiential support to those that are trying to get the resources to do the job (in this case, he should have been working to make the Washington DC mechanics to get FEMA to do the right things). You need to be there in case another dependent crisis arrives and needs your connections to expedite matters. You need to be there to give people that are suffering, and people that are alleiving that suffering, inspiration and hope. Ted Cruz is not a leader. He’s just a Republican in it for his own gain. It’s the ethos of the Republican party: “Me First, Then Nobody Else”.

9 Likes

I look forward to the consequences he will never face for his massive screw up.

3 Likes

Yes, this. Lead, follow, or get out of the way. We know which one Cruz chose.

3 Likes

I say this about so very many politicians. Sometimes the explanation is “money”… but I often can’t think of a dollar amount that would allow me to justify spending an hour in their presence. How the hell did 80% of conservative politicians (world wide) manage to find spouses? It can’t be their personalities.

4 Likes