Finger crossbow

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/27/finger-crossbow.html

7 Likes

Thankgoodness, we finally have something to fight off the coming pickle invasion.

15 Likes

Is that a semen recipe?

2 Likes

Haha! Threads converge! (I never clicked your link till now, but I see we were basically linking to the same page…) https://boingboing.net/2020/07/27/meet-the-vegan-bodybuilder-who.html

Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model finger crossbow! Oooohhh!

Mother: No. You’ll shoot your pickle off.

14 Likes

We await the thumb trebuchet with great expectations
(“but what appendage does that leave whereupon i may mount my harpax??”)

5 Likes

This thread descended rapidly. Back to the original post, it’s a very cool crossbow.

2 Likes

Well, it is after it’s been in the water.

(Sorry - yes it IS a very cool gizmo. Method of making looks obvious but needs an instructable nonetheless.)

3 Likes

Mind if I butt in with this? The best last scene of any movie - Boing Boing

4 Likes

Tell me the guy doesn’t look like someone who would build a miniature trebuchet.

JMHO. There’s only so much that can be squeezed from a story about a finger-crossbow. :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Cans I get, but pickles? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Sixfinger was about due for an upgrade.

5 Likes

Maybe an enemy using a lower tech, more subtle tool to try to take down Rick Sanchez would surprise (or just amuse) him.

Finally my illusionist gnome or halfling acrobat thief characters can be even more annoying in combat, or during a banquet.

“The barbed bolt on my finger crossbow has a thin strand of giant spider silk attached to it. I fire it at the largest olive across the table.”

Roll …

“Pardon me Dutchess, could you pass me the olive I was aiming for, or perhaps just pass the whole crudités plate. I am sure that the bleeding will stop soon and that there won’t be the slightest blemish by morning.”

Roll …

“Thank you; you are quite kind. And what a lovely shade of green your blood is. So rarely seen in polite society these days.”

7 Likes

Depending on the pickle.

pickle

4 Likes

That pun was a bit near the knuckle.

3 Likes

It was. You nailed it.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Came for Pickle Rick, leaving satisfied.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.