Finnish hobbyhorsing phenomenon gallops on: watch this year's championships

Originally published at: Finnish hobbyhorsing phenomenon gallops on: watch this year's championships | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Fan-flippin’-tastic! It is great seeing young women having fun together like this.

Of course, it is always a shame when one falls, and breaks a leg.

11 Likes

ron burgundy GIF

12 Likes

I will never not find this faintly ridiculous. But I also think most sports are faintly ridiculous, and it is refreshing to see a pretty inexpensive, safe, and creative pastime come from nowhere and quickly become popular enough for there to be a World Championship that people travel to compete at. More power to them!

7 Likes

I was at Sommerland Sjaelland in Denmark a couple weeks ago and they had a unique hobbyhorse arena which at the time I thought was delightfully absurd.

Now I’m not so sure it’s absurd. It was fun, tho.

3 Likes

The best (most ridiculous?) bit was the competitor who after bowing to the judges, pats her hobbyhorse’s head as if to say ‘well done’ as she walks out of the arena.

Gotta stay in character. :wink:

PS @euansmith You may owe me a new keyboard! :wink: Possibly today’s internet winner.

1 Like

Beautiful freaks. Do whatever it is you want to do, f*** everyone else!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.